Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • D1Ck3n
  • 69 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 69 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • shark1975
  • Casual Listener
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 252 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify portable version

On my PC at work, I've no administrator right and I cannot install any software. Could you provide a portable version of spotify software to run without installation ? Additionnaly the network protocol should be TCP 80 (HTTP) in order that the traffi...

• Casual Listener
  • On my PC at work, I've no administrator right and I cannot install any software. Could you provide a portable version of spotify software to run without installation ? Additionnaly the network pr...
  • spoitfysuks
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! Can't uninstall

How can i uninstall my spotify on Win 10? I cant even find my spotify apps but it keeps running whenever i start my laptop. When i want to install another spotify, it says "a windows store installation or spotify was found in your system" Thank you*a...

• How can i uninstall my spotify on Win 10? I cant even find my spotify apps but it keeps running whenever i start my laptop. When i want to install another spotify, it says "a windows store installati...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clearing all Songs

How do i clear all my songs? i am aware there is already a topic on this, but it is very outdated and i can;t find the correct settings. Help

• How do i clear all my songs? i am aware there is already a topic on this, but it is very outdated and i can;t find the correct settings. Help
  • noah1Salama
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm Transferring playlists to a new account, but my public ones arent visible?

I wanted to clean up my spotify account, and instead of doing the tedious work of adding and deleting new songs i just decided to make a new account. (i dont have a subscription or anything, so this was the easiest choice) When I go to look at my pas...

• ...his was the easiest choice)   When I go to look at my past profile's playlists from my new account, i cant see the playlists that i double, triple checked were made public. can anyone help me? &n...
  • spedonkm
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 app - Close button is being rendered low res and weird

Pls take a look at the image attached, the close button on Spotify looks terrible compared to other apps on the platform. Even the three ellipsis menu on the left is weidrly low res. Please fix this for Windows 10 Store Spotify app users.

• Casual Listener
  • Pls take a look at the image attached, the close button on Spotify looks terrible compared to other apps on the platform. Even the three ellipsis menu on the left is weidrly low res.   Please ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
    Windows 10 Store
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to change volume/time in a song with sliders

Essentially title, I can't use the sliders on Spotify at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, which fixes the issue until I restart my computer, which then restarts the issue. Is there any way to fix?

• Essentially title, I can't use the sliders on Spotify at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, which fixes the issue until I restart my computer, which then restarts the issue. Is there any wa...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Scroll To Bottom of Page

Ok so I've seen a number of scrolling issues on the boards here, but I have not come across anybody mentioning how PAINFUL it is to scroll to the bottom of some artists such as Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, and many others. This becomes a nightmare when ...

• Ok so I've seen a number of scrolling issues on the boards here, but I have not come across anybody mentioning how PAINFUL it is to scroll to the bottom of some artists such as Miles Davis, Frank Zap...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Download To Desktop

In the past month or so there was an update for Spotify. The update wouldn't install on my computer. The same error code (18) kept appearing ["The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to write are in use by another process. Please...

• In the past month or so there was an update for Spotify. The update wouldn't install on my computer. The same error code (18) kept appearing ["The installer is unable to install Spotify because the f...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Signature issue

Hi there, please try to fix the issue of the signature (in the community): it is impossible to edit it (and it disappieared anyway). Thanks!Juan Maria Solare

• Roadie
  • Hi there, please try to fix the issue of the signature (in the community): it is impossible to edit it (and it disappieared anyway). Thanks! Juan Maria Solare
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Signature
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pause / Play Not working broken

Within the last few days my pause/play buttons have stopped working. I used to be able to ues the media buttons on my Logitech Keybard as well as my Logitech Headset (which is wireless bluetooth). These include pause/play, stop, volume, and Next / Pr...

• Within the last few days my pause/play buttons have stopped working.     I used to be able to ues the media buttons on my Logitech Keybard as well as my Logitech Headset (which is wirel...
  • AssassinoJG
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 44 replies
  • 14 likes

BUG: After moving a Playlist Folder within a playlist folder can't move any other list

I just noticed that if I move a playlist folder that is located withing another playlist folder) to change the order I can't move any other. This just started happening today. I tried restarting Spotify, but the same thing happens.Specs: Windos 10 x6...

• Roadie
  • I just noticed that if I move a playlist folder that is located withing another playlist folder) to change the order I can't move any other. This just started happening today. I tried restarting Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't edit my own playlist

The strange about this is that I can't only edit this specific playlist, all other my playlist is possible to edit. It's like I'm not the owner of the playlist but I can add songs, but I can't drag the songs to change the order.

• The strange about this is that I can't only edit this specific playlist, all other my playlist is possible to edit. It's like I'm not the owner of the playlist but I can add songs, but I can't drag t...
  • carloseduardobs
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Recommended songs are strange

I have a few long list playlists that are 25 hours plus, and when I scroll down to see recommended songs, I get some of the strangest suggestions. My dubstep and EDM playlist gave me Greenday as a recommendation for example. My Late 90s Early 2000s T...

xsKXCiH.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have a few long list playlists that are 25 hours plus, and when I scroll down to see recommended songs, I get some of the strangest suggestions.  My dubstep and EDM playlist gave me Greenday a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm not able to play music anymore

Hello,I ahve try several things but without any success (reinstall, change settings, ....)But since 5 days, the Spotify application on Windows 10 do not work anymore. I can open it, go to playlist and so on. But when i want to play music, it pass thr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I ahve try several things but without any success (reinstall, change settings, ....) But since 5 days, the Spotify application on Windows 10 do not work anymore.  I can open it, go to ...
  • Jfishhooks1
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder and Subfolder

I unintentionally changed my folder with 6 playlists in it to a subfolder (I put it in my second folder and now it's the subfolder) and I can't change it anymore. The "trick" with holding and then changing the position doesn't work. Please help!

• I unintentionally changed my folder with 6 playlists in it to a subfolder (I put it in my second folder and now it's the subfolder) and I can't change it anymore. The "trick" with holding and then ch...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Yet Another "Spotify Not Playing Music" Problem

So the problem itself is pretty simple: Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I can click on the song to play and it'll load the info in the bottom left, however the actual song timer/slider will sit at 00:00 and no...

• Casual Listener
  • So the problem itself is pretty simple: Spotify will not play any local music files, radio, or any music at all. I can click on the song to play and it'll load the info in the bottom left, however th...
  • pestbarn
  • Casual Listener
  • 97 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 97 replies
  • 7 likes

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Hi, all,Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296).My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public, but my profile appears to have zero playlists, no ma...

• Regular
  • Hi, all, Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296). My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public...
  • golden_sideboob
  • 76 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 76 replies
  • 1 likes

Search in OWN playlists

I want to do searches for and in only my own playlists. Is that possible? How can I do that?

• Roadie
  • I want to do searches for and in only my own playlists.   Is that possible? How can I do that?
  • dannyhmg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes

My computer keeps playing someone else's music...

I have Spotify completely closed on my laptop for a month or so, and I will wake up to someone elses music playing in the middle of the night or during random times of the day. None of these songs are from my my playlist as I usually only listen to M...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify completely closed on my laptop for a month or so, and I will wake up to someone elses music playing in the middle of the night or during random times of the day. None of thes...
  • kasidori
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to save liked Songs for offline

Hi,I personally would like to be able to save all my liked songs (under My Library) for offline listening, And I'm able to do so on my Android app: Unfortunately, I don't have this option on my windows client app: I do have the option to save other p...

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG
  • Regular
  • Hi, I personally would like to be able to save all my liked songs (under My Library) for offline listening, And I'm able to do so on my Android app:      Unfortunately, I don't h...
  • papigers
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes