Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

"This song is not available"

I am a Spotify Premium subscriber. I have this problem whenever I play a song it says "Song is not available". So I did some research online and found many simular articles but no solution. It happens to all songs except for the ones added to my play...

• Regular
  • I am a Spotify Premium subscriber. I have this problem whenever I play a song it says "Song is not available". So I did some research online and found many simular articles but no solution. It happen...
  • alexparial
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify causing problem with mouse

Regardless of whether or not I open/use Spotify om my Lenovo Yoga 710, my mouse will depixelize to an older form everytime it loads something. I want to say I have the latest downloaded form, but I do just use the "windows" shortcut on the download p...

• Regardless of whether or not I open/use Spotify om my Lenovo Yoga 710, my mouse will depixelize to an older form everytime it loads something. I want to say I have the latest downloaded form, but I d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only One Specific Artist Unavailable on My Account

Songs by fun. fail to play properly on desktop or on mobile. Trying to play songs by fun. always results in the blue "This song is unavailable" notification. My friends can play songs by fun. just fine. The songs are downloaded and not grayed out. Ev...

• Songs by fun. fail to play properly on desktop or on mobile. Trying to play songs by fun. always results in the blue "This song is unavailable" notification. My friends can play songs by fun. ju...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Premium Spotify, version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02. Suddenly today certain artists wont play any more. All I get is this msg. It is the same issue on pc, web player and mobile. But I use the pc 99.9% of the time. It is not all artists. They are not greyed...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Spotify, version 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02.  Suddenly today certain artists wont play any more. All I get is this msg. It is the same issue on pc, web player and mobile. But I use the p...
  • whaleelewaitor
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Desktop App "Song is not available"

I am trying to listen to the new music friday playlist and a ton of songs are not playing. They all say "this song is not available. if you have the file on your computer you can import it". It seems to be completely random which songs say this and w...

• I am trying to listen to the new music friday playlist and a ton of songs are not playing. They all say "this song is not available. if you have the file on your computer you can import it". It seems...
  • lucluc
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Specific song at specific place causes a crash

This is a weird one, but the bug reproduces. When I play the song "The Wolf" by SIAMES, when it hits exactly 4:14, my whole computer freezes and I have to hard restart. I'm on Windows 7. No other song causes the problem, and this song *used* to play ...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a weird one, but the bug reproduces. When I play the song "The Wolf" by SIAMES, when it hits exactly 4:14, my whole computer freezes and I have to hard restart. I'm on Windows 7. No other son...
  • siduri
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I disable mouse wheel controlling spotify's volume?

Whenever I scroll with mouse wheel, sptify volume banner shows up and controlling the volume. I couldn't use my house wheel for regular scrolling/zooming features in my PC anymore. I tried disabling in the preferences => show desktop overlay when usi...

• Whenever I scroll with mouse wheel, sptify volume banner shows up and controlling the volume. I couldn't use my house wheel for regular scrolling/zooming features in my PC anymore. I tried disabling ...
  • jman29
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Number next to popular song titles

Hello, what's that number next to the popular songs?

• Hello,   what's that number next to the popular songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"This Song is Not Available" for half of all songs

Numerous common songs that are definitly on Spotify do not allow me to play them. I am using a Windows computer and have Spotify Premium. While some songs work, half of all songs that appear available report, "This song is not available. If you have ...

• Numerous common songs that are definitly on Spotify do not allow me to play them. I am using a Windows computer and have Spotify Premium. While some songs work, half of all songs that appear availabl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Windows 10: problem

Hi there all Spotify users, I've installed Windows 10 like a week ago and it went good, Spotify was working fine. (I'm using Spotify Premium)But now I have a problem since today that my spotify didn't want to load. I've tried to reinstall it and now ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there all Spotify users,   I've installed Windows 10 like a week ago and it went good, Spotify was working fine. (I'm using Spotify Premium) But now I have a problem since today that my sp...
  • siggn
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play lots of music due to update

Since the new update 1.0.65.320 tons of music became unplayable. Large names as metallica, green day, rammstein, and much more are all unavailable.Can still play them on outdated clients.Please fix this! While im here anyways:The client is always a m...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the new update 1.0.65.320 tons of music became unplayable. Large names as metallica, green day, rammstein, and much more are all unavailable. Can still play them on outdated clients. Ple...
  • leonardoma
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

problem med låtar

Hejsan! Jag har ett problem med vissa låtar i Spotify att den spelar bara ca 2 sekunder av låten sedan så hackar de som att de skulle vara "trasig". Men om jag lyssnar på låten via mobilen så funkar den

• Hejsan! Jag har ett problem med vissa låtar i Spotify att den spelar bara ca 2 sekunder av låten sedan så hackar de som att de skulle vara "trasig". Men om jag lyssnar på låten via mobilen så funkar ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs aren't playing

So i switch between my laptop and my tablet and ive had this problem in the past but it normally resolves itself and ive thought it just cant play the track but recently i have been listening to two certain albums, Tell me you love me and Beautiful T...

• Casual Listener
  • So i switch between my laptop and my tablet and ive had this problem in the past but it normally resolves itself and ive thought it just cant play the track but recently i have been listening to two ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop App - Drag & Drop stopped working

Can't relocate tracks within the playlists, cant reorder the playlist sort - basically every single function that relies on drag & drop stopped working .Did a fresh reinstall, no help

• Roadie
  • Can't relocate tracks within the playlists, cant reorder the playlist sort - basically every single function that relies on drag & drop stopped working . Did a fresh reinstall, no help
  • periskop
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Where is the Category "Your Mixtape" ("Dein Mixtape")

Hello, I am missing the section "Your Mixtape" ("Dein Mixtape") in the Spotify Desktop Version. How can I get to these Mixtapes? Where can I find them? RegardsChris

• Hello,   I am missing the section "Your Mixtape" ("Dein Mixtape") in the Spotify Desktop Version. How can I get to these Mixtapes? Where can I find them?   Regards Chris
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection Problem with Proxy Server

Hi, I'm using windows desktop app version 1.0.34.146. I can connect successfully via direct internet connection but when I'm connected to my corporate network which has a proxy server, I have "Error Code:4 no internet connection detected" even though...

screenshot.JPG screenshot2.jpg
  • Hi,   I'm using windows desktop app version 1.0.34.146. I can connect successfully via direct internet connection but when I'm connected to my corporate network which has a prox...
  • oversc0re
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download music from PC to a laptop

Hi there, I've been searching a solution but I'm finding nothing about. I'll explain what I want to get:I have local music in Spotify Desktop for my PC and I downloaded to my iPhone. That's ok. What a I want to do is the same with my laptop: download...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I've been searching a solution but I'm finding nothing about. I'll explain what I want to get: I have local music in Spotify Desktop for my PC and I downloaded to my iPhone. That'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs can't be played!

I use Spotify free on my computer (I don't use it anywhere else) and I haven't been able to play any songs from P!nk. It was fine when I first played one of the promotional tracks, "Whatever You Want", early this month (it was released on 5 October),...

• Music Fan
  • I use Spotify free on my computer (I don't use it anywhere else) and I haven't been able to play any songs from P!nk.    It was fine when I first played one of the promotional tracks, "Wh...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify - Freezing entire Windows computer

Hi, I've been experiencing really bad issues with the Spotify app on my Windows computer. Everytime I want to play or listen to music, it keeps freezing my entire computer and I have to reboot it everytime which is really annoying. The music sound do...

• Hi,   I've been experiencing really bad issues with the Spotify app on my Windows computer. Everytime I want to play or listen to music, it keeps freezing my entire computer and I have to rebo...
  • Nickolay
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con Búsqueda

Hola, tengo problemas con la caja de búsqueda de Spotify PC en Windows 7 64bits, cualquier cosa que busque no pasa nada y se queda ahí, ya probé reinstalando la aplicación y no funcionó. Ayuda porfavor, gracias!

• Hola, tengo problemas con la caja de búsqueda de Spotify PC en Windows 7 64bits, cualquier cosa que busque no pasa nada y se queda ahí, ya probé reinstalando la aplicación y no funcionó. Ayuda porfav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes