Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • balonlon
  • Regular
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 254 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 254 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

random pausing

Hi.Spotify started pausing constantly for me while using my keyboard buttons - gaming, typing this post even. And it happens with every button I press randomly. Is there any way to disable that? Fresh reinstall didn't work either. Edit: Started pausi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Spotify started pausing constantly for me while using my keyboard buttons - gaming, typing this post even. And it happens with every button I press randomly. Is there any way to disable that? Fr...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Uppgradering från premium till Family

Jag har uppgraderat från Premium till Family via Telia och den är betald men när jag loggar in på datorn så står det att den senaste betalningen inte fungerade och att jag skall uppdatera mitt konto. Dock ser det ut att fortfande fungera på våra mobi...

• Jag har uppgraderat från Premium till Family via Telia och den är betald men när jag loggar in på datorn så står det att den senaste betalningen inte fungerade och att jag skall uppdatera mitt k...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing is playing

Yesterday, the Spotify program on my computer decided to stop working after a new update. Every time I try to play anything (mind you I have Premium), I am getting the "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import ...

• Yesterday, the Spotify program on my computer decided to stop working after a new update. Every time I try to play anything (mind you I have Premium), I am getting the "This song is not available. If...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad playing over and over again

Hello, I'm having a problem with an ad playing over and over again. It will stop playing but I can only play the ad. I am unable to play any songs while this is happening. I can fix it by logging out and back in but it's pretty annoying. Why is this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm having a problem with an ad playing over and over again. It will stop playing but I can only play the ad. I am unable to play any songs while this is happening. I can fix it by logging out...
  • McLachlan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Weekly playlist image

The picture on my Discover Weekly playlist I dont want to veiw it any more, How ever its been there for a while now bout maybe 3 months and time goes on people chagne i just want it removed i have it connected to facebook thats were it came from howe...

• Casual Listener
  • The picture on my Discover Weekly playlist I dont want to veiw it any more, How ever its been there for a while now bout maybe 3 months and time goes on people chagne i just want it removed i ha...
  • timmieschaap
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not playing

HelloHave uninstaled and re-installed Spotify.Does not play any music when clicked on.Fast forwards every playlist!Help!Cecilia(the breaking your heart variety) x

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Have uninstaled and re-installed Spotify. Does not play any music when clicked on. Fast forwards every playlist! Help! Cecilia(the breaking your heart variety) x
  • McLachlan
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't find a real internet connection. (Error code: 4 and 2)

Hello everyone! I am sad that I have to contact support here but a premium user like myself has no other option. So basically the issue persists for like 5 days (or something) and there is no solution yet. My ISP can't make the connection with the Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!   I am sad that I have to contact support here but a premium user like myself has no other option. So basically the issue persists for like 5 days (or something) and there is n...
  • ordean
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (Desktop) Window going invisible

Everytime I start Spotify the window shows for a second and then hides itself. In the taskbar and on task manager its still running but wont show up as a window. Please help me fix this as I cant use it after several reinstalls. Thanks.

• Everytime I start Spotify the window shows for a second and then hides itself. In the taskbar and on task manager its still running but wont show up as a window. Please help me fix this as I can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows client autoplays some loud sample upon opening

What fresh **bleep** is this? My Windows Spotify client now plays 15-20 seconds of some random piece of dance/R&B music at maximum volume upon opening. No way to turn this "feature" off in settings that I can find. A lot of people who might use the c...

• Regular
  • What fresh **bleep** is this?  My Windows Spotify client now plays 15-20 seconds of some random piece of dance/R&B music at maximum volume upon opening.  No way to turn this "feature" o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Where are my downloads?

New user David here. I downloaded a Doris Day album just now. I want to put the tracks on a flash drive so I can listen to it on my car receiver. Can find the tracks anywhere on my desktop. I watched the tracks being downloaded but can't find them. W...

• New user David here.  I downloaded a Doris Day album just now.  I want to put the tracks on a flash drive so I can listen to it on my car receiver.  Can find the tracks anywhere on my ...
  • kryddersen
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! CAN'T PLAY ANY SONGS

Never had issues with Spotify.Today all of a sudden, it just stopped working. No song will play. Nothing. It just skipps to the next and the next and the next. I tried to uninstall on all devicesDeleted my cacheTruned computer on and off Nothing. But...

• Regular
  • Never had issues with Spotify. Today all of a sudden, it just stopped working. No song will play. Nothing. It just skipps to the next and the next and the next.   I tried to uninstall on all ...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify updated now certain songs will not play.

Spotify premium updated on my PC and now will not play many songs. I get the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Of course, i don't have the files on my computer. It's not just a few artists ...

• Spotify premium updated on my PC and now will not play many songs. I get the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Of course, i don't have the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Restarting

The program restarts after a short time. After a few repetitions of the problem, the program does not open anymore.

•   The program restarts after a short time. After a few repetitions of the problem, the program does not open anymore. 
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PC Desktop App doesn't see Sonos

I signed up for the Sonos beta and can play Spotify to my Sonos via the iPhone app. But, I do not see the Sonos using my PC Desktop Spotify app. In fact, I see NO devices on the desktop app. It only plays out the PC speakers. What should I be looking...

• I signed up for the Sonos beta and can play Spotify to my Sonos via the iPhone app. But, I do not see the Sonos using my PC Desktop Spotify app. In fact, I see NO devices on the desktop app. It only ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App problems

My spotify app on pc won't play any song. I have uninstalled and installed several times, I have also logged out and logged back in but nothing seems to work. Any form of help would be appreciated

• My spotify app on pc won't play any song. I have uninstalled and installed several times, I have also logged out and logged back in but nothing seems to work. Any form of help would be appreciated
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Headphone control skips to much songs

Hi,I'm using Spotify on Win 10 (1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6)When I want to skip the actual song with the buttons on my bluetooth headset (Backbeat Pro from Plantronics) it skips 6 tracks instead of the actual one.When using the VLC media player it only skip...

• Hi, I'm using Spotify on Win 10 (1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6) When I want to skip the actual song with the buttons on my bluetooth headset (Backbeat Pro from Plantronics) it skips 6 tracks instead of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Bug] - I can't rearrange songs at all in my latest custom playlist - Spotify Desktop (Windows)

Running Windows 10 64bit (latest), and Spotify Desktop version 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6 Playlist is public, not downloaded and is completely my own (not a pre-made one). I can move songs around in my other custom playlists but not this one for some reaso...

• Regular
  • Running Windows 10 64bit (latest), and Spotify Desktop version 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6   Playlist is public, not downloaded and is completely my own (not a pre-made one). I can move songs a...
  • rocknroll237
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Inconsistent ability to search local files

I only seem to be able to search local files two or three times within an one instance of Spotify. On the third or fourth attempt to search, there's just nothing there, no matter how long I leave it. The only way to make it work again is to close Spo...

• Regular
  • I only seem to be able to search local files two or three times within an one instance of Spotify. On the third or fourth attempt to search, there's just nothing there, no matter how long I leave it....
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with offline

Hi, i had downloaded my playlists, and now, there arent, but there are in my HDD, i don't understand. The same happened in my phone, and I had to download again. Pease, answer. Thanks.PD: Sorry for my english, I am argentinian.Hola, hace un tiempo de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i had downloaded my playlists, and now, there arent, but there are in my HDD, i don't understand. The same happened in my phone, and I had to download again. Pease, answer. Thanks. PD: Sorry for...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Just bought the 3 months of premium for $0.99 deal, not getting Premium

I bought premium earlier, $0.99 for 3 months. I did not get it, so I cleared the application off my computer, reinstalled, and logges back in, and it still says free. I tried to buy it again, as I thought it was just a glitch, but it didn't come the ...

• Regular
  • I bought premium earlier, $0.99 for 3 months. I did not get it, so I cleared the application off my computer, reinstalled, and logges back in, and it still says free. I tried to buy it again, as I th...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes