Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Musics stops when using google chrome

Re: Musics stops when using google chrome

After searching for a solution for my problem for some days , at last I found this thread. I seem to have the same problem.

Since a couple of days my spotify just stopps songs. Sometimes I "only" have to click play again and it goes on, but most times when I open Spotify then, it goes back to an older song.

An example for what happens most of the time:

1. Song 1 plaby using the "play" button

2. It plays song 1 till the end, starts song 2

3. song 2 stopps at 0:30 e.g.

4. the widget shows the actual song, but also the "pause" button, no "play" button. clicking on the "pause" button does not do anything.

5. I open the Spotify app an it shows song 1 at 2:40 - as if I never made steps 2 to 5!

6. This goes on and on and on - every time I land on song 1 at 2:40 - only a restart of my phone changes this. but not for a long time.

I also use Chrome since a couple of days. But till now I had never thought that this could be the reason. Have to take look on it. But this should not be a problem! I want to use both apps at the same time!

I have a Galaxy 3, so there should be enough power for two apps at the same time.

Best regards and looking forward to a solution GTStar

4 Replies

Any news at this topic?

@GTStar wrote:

Any news at this topic?

From a user perspective, after extensive testing, it seems to be mostly resolved witht he lastest update.  I've been able to use Google Navigation and listen to spotify in the background with no issues. As far as apps go, it's stopped playing in the background while using an app called Feedly a few times, but that hasn't been consistant.  I haven't had any issues with other apps.

It definitely is not! I already hat this problem today.

The only way is to restart the mobile.

Are there any solutions coming?

Hi GTStar - This issue should be fixed with our latest update. I've made a new thread here so we can troubleshoot this issue with you. 

Just to double check--could you confirm exactly which app version you have installed?

Suggested posts