Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create Similar playlist gone

This feature was INTEGRAL to my usage of Spotify. I need to have it back in order to properly find new music I actually enjoy.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
GordoGato

Create playlist was a function that made Spotify a great.  Please bring it back 😫

ianmitali_13

Smart Shuffle is just for Spotify Premium smh. I'm saying that because I had a trial for 3 months and canceled it, and eventually few weeks before canceling the trial, I discovered that the feature "Create Similar Playlist" was removed.

a_occlusion

The Spotify team should be ashamed of themselves. I understand what they're trying to do. They feel that users have become too comfortable. And the board can't afford a new sports car. Then they try to figure out how to get users to listen to rubbish under the guise of useful features. And they take away one feature where you could control your listening, and then when they realise you have one more such feature left, they take away another. Shame on you. It's disgusting.

BenjaminBrowni

This was my number one feature to find new songs. I was creating similar playlists of generated similar playlists and merged them and downloaded these so I could program all day and find the many new favorite songs on a day - and I would repeat when the playlist was completely listened too. In all the years that I listened to Spotify, I never discovered this many songs.

I think the enhanced shuffle playlist is alright - though I don't want to constantly listen to the songs I already know in order to find new music. I have this feature always on when I am listening to a playlist because I think it enriches the playlist and decreases the hedonistic adoption of a song.

Listen to song Radio is also alright and I use it sometimes for (to me) unique sounding songs so I can find similar songs (like a modern song using 80's synthesizers). Though at some point the songs are less similar and less similar until a 'wrecking ball' pop song is played.

In an age where there are more songs made per day then humans are born, we need a way to discover songs we like. Taste is very personal and because of hedonistic adoption, humans get tired of songs because they've listened to it often. Yet, there are thousands of undiscovered songs that someone would love to listen to.

If Spotify want to have more app usage time, then their challenge is for people not to get tired of the songs. You need people to discover 'x' amount of songs per usage time in order to keep people hooked to the app. Removing features that greatly enhance liked song discovery will backfire this formula.

kcancakan

why even a company removes a good feature of its product

LudoThomas

What do you think? I still create a lot of my own playlists. Some time ago, there were functions for creating similar playlists to an existing playlist and also adding to it. I thought these functions were really good, because you can find new tracks and get a cool new playlist, and there are also artists that I didn't know myself and cool new suggestions. So shouldn't the functions be selectable again? They were at the top of the selection in a newly created playlist and have not been since a few updates, which I find very, very unfortunate.

kellyalanabermel

I 100% AGREE! WTH I loved this feature so much, please bring it baaaaack 😉

Mimmino

Please, bring it back, it was really useful and nice!!!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

shiedakayn

I don't understand why this was removed. This was my #1 core feature that kept me subscribed to spotify. The other new "enhanced shuffle" sucks because I don't want to have to wade through songs I already know when I'm looking for new music. If they don't bring it back in a month or two I think I'm going to bring my business elsewhere, I suggest others in the thread do the same