Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create Similar playlist gone

This feature was INTEGRAL to my usage of Spotify. I need to have it back in order to properly find new music I actually enjoy.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
countesscutlassss

I actually came back to Spotify premium JUST for this feature this month, and now I see it's gone. Absolutely insane to remove such a great feature, so I won't be renewing premium again. Spotify is an utterly useless mess at this point, stripped of useful things (hearts, creating similar playlists) and stuffed to the brim with features no one ever asked for (tiktok style videos, "smart" shuffle, etc).

gsflow

Bonkers to remove a feature like that, if you have it already. The algo behind it should be in principle the same as the use for "Mix"-playlists. 

cosmic-kin

Good Gravy Spotify. Stop taking all the fun out of your app. Put the "similar playlist" option back. Also...remember when you cared what we thought? yeah...that. 

charmedbirds

This feature was incredibly valuable. Perhaps it was underused because it was overlooked by people, but it was the best method for discovering new music I have found on Spotify.

JarrodAntuar

Was such a good feature, same with recommendations but mine be broken 😞

monstertrucker

I really love this feature too. I didn't use it all the time, but sometimes I make a playlist that's so different from my usual tastes, but so good, that I want to hear more. This feature was a really amazing discovery tool -- with a couple clicks you have a couple hours of brand new music -- and I'm sad to see that it's not there any more.

More and more, the thrill of discovering music on Spotify -- digital crate digging -- is being replaced by Spotify's promotions and that's simply not how I want to engage with my music.

monstertrucker

I guess one nice thing about this being removed is I found this nice tool that has similar functionality, but more customization.  Still, it's nicer to have these very user-driven and friendly discovery features in Spotify so that discovery and curation is more like a journey of exploration and less like a very boring guided tour through a place where you know exciting things are happening just beyond the path you're being taken on.

olliegordon

yep part of spotify's big appeal over competitors was the ability to easily discover loads of new music and they seem to lose this with every update!