Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Finding friends

I keep searching my friend's username and it won't show up. Help!

• I keep searching my friend's username and it won't show up. Help!
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files

Everywhere I've looked, I have found that in order to sync local files from your computer on to Spotify for playback on your iphone, you need to have your phone connected to the same wifi as your computer. My laptop has for some unknown reason lost a...

• Everywhere I've looked, I have found that in order to sync local files from your computer on to Spotify for playback on your iphone, you need to have your phone connected to the same wifi as your com...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some playlists (containing local files) won't sync

Hi, I am trying to sync my playlists from my acocunt to an iPod classic, but some of them (apparently randomly) will not sync. Note that I made all these playlists available offline, and they contain songs that I have on my laptop already. Tried rein...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I am trying to sync my playlists from my acocunt to an iPod classic, but some of them (apparently randomly) will not sync. Note that I made all these playlists available offline, ...
  • giuli470
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Payed for an app in itunes

I bought premium with iTunes with the Pop up and it downloaded something else it had me pay and all how do I get the right app with out paying for it again

• I bought premium with iTunes with the Pop up and it downloaded something else it had me pay and all how do I get the right app with out paying for it again
  • JoeThomas
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Enabling avilable offline on Your Music

For the last 2 days the feature to make "Your Music" available offline isn't working. Any ideas?

• For the last 2 days the feature to make "Your Music" available offline isn't working. Any ideas?
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone 5 keeps crashing on the start up screen.

i have an iPhone 5 running iOS 8 non-jail broken the model is MD654LL/A i run the latest version of spotify on my phone it works on my laptop but not in my phone it keep crashing right when I get on the spotify app, it stays on the startup screen wit...

• i have an iPhone 5 running iOS 8 non-jail broken the model is MD654LL/A i run the latest version of spotify on my phone it works on my laptop but not in my phone it keep crashing right when I get on ...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync music from your ipod

It is possible to sync music spotify ipod

• Casual Listener
  • It is possible to sync music spotify ipod
  • wandet
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 1.8.0 has always crashed in iOS8.0.2

iPhone 6 128G with iOS8.0.2 I upgrade the spotify1.8.0. When I start the app, It shows the spotify logo for 10 seconds and then crashed.

• iPhone 6 128G with iOS8.0.2   I upgrade the spotify1.8.0. When I start the app, It shows the spotify logo for 10 seconds and then crashed.      
  • hazellynx
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Login issue with iPad

I've been having an issue with Spotify on my iPad. I've never been able to successfully get back the login screen, it's really odd. I always get as far as the welcome screen, enter my details (I have a premium account) and it simply never finishes th...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having an issue with Spotify on my iPad. I've never been able to successfully get back the login screen, it's really odd. I always get as far as the welcome screen, enter my details (I have...
  • TricycleExpress
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not open beyond logo screen

iPhone 5iOS 8.02Spotify Version 1.8.0Spotify "crashes" or freezes on initial logo/load screen. I've had this issue ever since upgrading to iOS 8. Hoping for a quick resolution as I quite miss my Spotify music and playlists.

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone 5 iOS 8.02 Spotify Version 1.8.0 Spotify "crashes" or freezes on initial logo/load screen. I've had this issue ever since upgrading to iOS 8. Hoping for a quick resolution as I quite miss...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Not Working

I am a premium member, and just got my wife the premium version as well. We both use Spotify with our iPhones; mine a 4s, hers a 4. As of late, when I move the 'Available Offline' slider to "Yes," instead of syncing, each track has a grey circle with...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium member, and just got my wife the premium version as well. We both use Spotify with our iPhones; mine a 4s, hers a 4. As of late, when I move the 'Available Offline' slider to "Yes," in...
  • lucasmarshall02
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can you play spotify playlists in airplane mode - ie. no wifi or cellular connection?

I live in europe and the signal here is TERRIBLE. I am a fitness instructor too and its too expensive to keep buying new songs. Hopeing to buy the spotify premium and make playlists and play them during my classes but while my phone is not connected ...

• I live in europe and the signal here is TERRIBLE. I am a fitness instructor too and its too expensive to keep buying new songs. Hopeing to buy the spotify premium and make playlists and play them dur...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add album to new playlist does not auto suggest playlist name

Previously when I added an album to a new playlist the artist and album name was suggested. This does not work anymore on the iPhone on the iPad it stil works. It was a great feature. Is it a bug or design?

• Previously when I added an album to a new playlist the artist and album name was suggested. This does not work anymore on the iPhone on the iPad it stil works. It was a great feature. Is it a bug or ...
  • johnnyk0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

My music on iPad

Why can not you do on your computer and iPhone geseleceteerde your own songs, albums, artists, and local files and see why you can not see it on the iPad?

• Why can not you do on your computer and iPhone geseleceteerde your own songs, albums, artists, and local files and see why you can not see it on the iPad?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sprint spotify free trial

Hello, I called sprint to let them know my free spotify trial link from my text message wasn't. It may have been because I changed phone numbers after I got my new phone. I really want the 6 months free and sprint told me to call spotify and I can't ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I called sprint to let them know my free spotify trial link from my text message wasn't. It may have been because I changed phone numbers after I got my new phone. I really want the 6 months f...
  • Brycem28m
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on iPod touch

Hi, i have an iPod touch (last generation). I've installed Spotify on it (premium account) and I've got some music on it (mp3 files, that i've bought before registering on Spotify). My question is how can I use my mp3 files that I have on the iPod wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have an iPod touch (last generation). I've installed Spotify on it (premium account) and I've got some music on it (mp3 files, that i've bought before registering on Spotify). My question...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how do I unsync playlists from my iPhone 4?

Ok, I am a complete idiot when it comes to anything involving technology, I need help haha. I figured out how to sync my playlists to my iPhone 4, but now I no longer have any available storage on my phone. I figured I would just star the songs/album...

• Ok, I am a complete idiot when it comes to anything involving technology, I need help haha. I figured out how to sync my playlists to my iPhone 4, but now I no longer have any available storage on my...
  • bumbarass
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of the suggested playlists in browse fail to open

Hey, This is the scenario I have: - Most of the suggested playlists that change depending on the time of the day, fail to open in my iphone. It stays in "loading" for ever. - If I look for the playlist using by genres, then it opens just fine. - Some...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,    This is the scenario I have:   - Most of the suggested playlists that change depending on the time of the day, fail to open in my iphone. It stays in "loading" for ever. ...
  • moebius
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Available Songs/Tracks Won't Play on my iphone5 s

Hello! My problem is that i have spotify on four devices. Mac, ipad, iphone 4s and iphone 5s. BUT the some songs will not start to play on my iphone 5s. They work fine on every other device. Now i have read som of the similar issues on here. And I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! My problem is that i have spotify on four devices. Mac, ipad, iphone 4s and iphone 5s. BUT the some songs will not start to play on my iphone 5s. They work fine on every other device. Now i ...
  • Knightonjohncha
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes