Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium not working on iPhone 5

Spotify Premium has been working well on my iPad, iPhone and desktop for a long while. Suddently it has stopped working on my iPhone 5. I found myself logged out of the App. Now, when I log back in on the phone my playlists and music has gone and my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Premium has been working well on my iPad, iPhone and desktop for a long while. Suddently it has stopped working on my iPhone 5. I found myself logged out of the App. Now, when I log back in o...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone5
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play offline

When I select a playlist to play offline it does not load the songs to enable them to be played offline, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and it is still not working

• Casual Listener
  • When I select a playlist to play offline it does not load the songs to enable them to be played offline, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and it is still not working
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Spotify connect shows a desktop?

Why is a desktop/compter screen shown on the Spotify Connect IOS screen when the feature is not available in the slightest? Connect lets you play and control Spotify on all your devices' ? Why doesent it control the Mac/PC then???

• Casual Listener
  • Why is a desktop/compter screen shown on the Spotify Connect IOS screen when the feature is not available in the slightest?   Connect lets you play and control Spotify on all your devices' ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Errors.

Hi there. My iPhone 5C Spotify app has recently stopped working. I keep getting either 'An error occurred. Try again' message when I search for artists or the no matches found one. I have no offline devices, have tried hard resetting about 5 times no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. My iPhone 5C Spotify app has recently stopped working. I keep getting either 'An error occurred. Try again' message when I search for artists or the no matches found one. I have no offline ...
  • amber0202
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved music disappearing from "Your Music"

I have saved albums to Your Music recently on my iPhone. The save goes through, but sometime later the albums disappear. I have a (potentially) related problem on the desktop app. Save just doesn't work. Click it and nothing happens. Thoughts? Ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • I have saved albums to Your Music recently on my iPhone.  The save goes through, but sometime later the albums disappear.     I have a (potentially) related problem on the desktop ...
  • mndoci
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs sorted by albums

Some day for some reason in "Your Music" "Artist" section, songs were sorted by albums and it was great. Now it dissapeared and I kind of miss it. Is there a way to return it? Thank you

• Some day for some reason in "Your Music" "Artist" section, songs were sorted by albums and it was great. Now it dissapeared and I kind of miss it. Is there a way to return it? Thank you
  • sasmimo
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cannot play Spotify playlists on fifth generation iPod Touch

I have a fifth generation iPod Touch that I have Spotify installed on. When I log into my account, I find that I am not able to play any music by simply tapping on the song in the selected playlist. The only option I have to play music on my iPod Tou...

• Regular
  • I have a fifth generation iPod Touch that I have Spotify installed on.  When I log into my account, I find that I am not able to play any music by simply tapping on the song in the selected play...
  • calliecrkkuczek
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync iPhone

I have 2 PC's. That's also 2 diferents Wifi connections i 2 cities. Once I wanted to sync my local songs from PC nº1 to my iPhone. It worked well but the problem goes when I changed my mind and decided to sync local songs from PC nº2 to my iPhone. It...

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2 PC's. That's also 2 diferents Wifi connections i 2 cities. Once I wanted to sync my local songs from PC nº1 to my iPhone. It worked well but the problem goes when I changed my mind and decid...
  • mnagle33
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Help with saving data

Is there any way I can download only those files that are not on spotify and leave the others for streaming? Basically, i want to stream all my songs available on spotify and leave songs that are only local files--and not spotify files--as available ...

• Is there any way I can download only those files that are not on spotify and leave the others for streaming? Basically, i want to stream all my songs available on spotify and leave songs that are onl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity Feed on iPhone Empty

Hi Guys, On the desktop version of Spotify I'm following ___ people but whenever I go into the Activity section on the iOS version it displays the message "No recent activity" "Follow friends to see the music their sharing" imgur.com/kAFvCPz Does any...

• Hi Guys,    On the desktop version of Spotify I'm following ___ people but whenever I go into the Activity section on the iOS version it displays the message "No recent activity" "Follo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipad app "installed" but not visible

Spotify ipod/ipad app is working on my ipod, airplay icon, great! But.. The app is not visible on my first generation ipad, even after updating to 5.1.1', which i think is ios5, twice. The ipad appstore says "installed". On the PC desktop, it is incl...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify ipod/ipad app is working on my ipod, airplay icon, great! But.. The app is not visible on my first generation ipad, even after updating to 5.1.1', which i think is ios5, twice. The ipad appst...
  • loulouspotten
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't sync any playlists anymore

Hey guys, I bought Spotify Premium yesterday and I managed to sync some songs, but now it's just not syncing anymore. 5 or 6 playlists got the green sign but I want to sync more and it just doesn't get the green sign. It's on my iPhone 4s btw, can an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I bought Spotify Premium yesterday and I managed to sync some songs, but now it's just not syncing anymore. 5 or 6 playlists got the green sign but I want to sync more and it j...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not syncing correctly

Hi everyone,I've been using the free Spotify for quite awhile and I really love it. However, it has been frustrating me lately that no matter what I do my iPad isn't quite syncing all the songs and playlists I've created on the computer. For example,...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone, I've been using the free Spotify for quite awhile and I really love it. However, it has been frustrating me lately that no matter what I do my iPad isn't quite syncing all the songs and...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do I have to play songs before using offline mode?

So I switched to Premium to use the offline mode on the tube where there's no signal. If I listen to a song online it will play it offline later but if I didn't play it before it won't! Is this how it is supposed to work? Many thanks

• Casual Listener
  • So I switched to Premium to use the offline mode on the tube where there's no signal.   If I listen to a song online it will play it offline later but if I didn't play it before it won't! ...
  • davidlandier
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Spotify to play on iphone4 (works on iphone5)

So I used to be able to access and play spotify from both my iphone5 and, when at work, my docked iphone4. All of the sudden, my playlists do not show up on the iphone4. I can somehow get the iphone5 to act like it is playing music and it says playin...

• So I used to be able to access and play spotify from both my iphone5 and, when at work, my docked iphone4. All of the sudden, my playlists do not show up on the iphone4. I can somehow get the iphone5...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle

I was wondering if there is anyway to randomly shuffle songs in a playlist on mobile?

• Regular
  • I was wondering if there is anyway to randomly shuffle songs in a playlist on mobile?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I WANT TO USE MY OWN COVER ART AND FILE TAGS...

I spend a lot of time making sure my tags and file cover art are perfect and in order. It's very annoying that Spotify doesn't want me to use these on my mobile... On my laptop/pc I can "Unlink" the tracks from Spotify's register/database. This enabl...

• Casual Listener
  • I spend a lot of time making sure my tags and file cover art are perfect and in order. It's very annoying that Spotify doesn't want me to use these on my mobile... On my laptop/pc I can "Unlink" ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cover Art
    id3
    metafile
    Tags
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying Facebook Notification

This keeps popping up every seven seconds. I keep clicking "Okay" and it continues to pop up. How can I stop it from doing this? It's really annoying.

• This keeps popping up every seven seconds. I keep clicking "Okay" and it continues to pop up. How can I stop it from doing this? It's really annoying. 
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes