Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Browse option won't show on my iPhone app

My husband's spotify shows search & browse and he can look through playlists that have been created and stuff but I'm stuck to just searching. Why? We both have iPhone 5's that are updated. I upgraded to premium to see if that would work, it didn't. ...

• Casual Listener
  • My husband's spotify shows search & browse and he can look through playlists that have been created and stuff but I'm stuck to just searching. Why? We both have iPhone 5's that are updated. I upg...
  • theprojecttn
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get my ipod to pop up on spotify... help?

I got a new ipod. I am trying to use Spotify to put all the music on it. But when I plug my ipod up, nothing pops up under "Devices" on Spoitfy. Its not a touch or anything. Its a Nano 1st generation. Can someone please tell me why its doing this? I ...

• I got a new ipod. I am trying to use Spotify to put all the music on it. But when I plug my ipod up, nothing pops up under "Devices" on Spoitfy. Its not a touch or anything. Its a Nano 1st generation...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod password

So heres my problem right now. Spotify wont send me the email to set up the mobile password. I signed up for premium for 10 bucks a month, now with that I think I deserve some sort f customer service, not a FAQ page. Trying to listen right now on the...

• Casual Listener
  • So heres my problem right now. Spotify wont send me the email to set up the mobile password. I signed up for premium for 10 bucks a month, now with that I think I deserve some sort f customer service...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Text Display for Longer Playlist Names

I wish there was a way to see the complete text for longer playlist names which go past the edge of the screen. I add albums as playlists a lot and the names can get a little long. If I have multiple albums from an artist in separate playlists and th...

• Regular
  • I wish there was a way to see the complete text for longer playlist names which go past the edge of the screen.  I add albums as playlists a lot and the names can get a little long.  If I h...
  • PaulColeman
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Music stop, why?

Hello,I've a problem:If i play a number, add a next number, wait to hè is playing, and add then a next number, why stops the music then? It was on a iPhone 5 64gb gsm, airplaine mode + Wi-Fi are on, with offline numbers.It is verry bad..... Can anybo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I've a problem: If i play a number, add a next number, wait to hè is playing, and add then a next number, why stops the music then? It was on a iPhone 5 64gb gsm, airplaine mode + Wi-Fi are ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify via iPhone is not working in BMW

I have serveral songs offline on my iPhone. When I start playing Spotify in my BMW via iDrive, it works for about 10 minutes. Then it stops. When I disconnect the iPhone, from the BMW, I can hear the songs via the iPhone. When I start my car again, i...

• I have serveral songs offline on my iPhone. When I start playing Spotify in my BMW via iDrive, it works for about 10 minutes. Then it stops. When I disconnect the iPhone, from the BMW, I can hear...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

2 accounts same email address and iOS is not working on premium.

Hi,As the subject says I have 2 accounts a Facebook and spotify. I think because of this my iOS spotify on premium is not working. Would it be possible to delete the Facebook account?Regards,

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, As the subject says I have 2 accounts a Facebook and spotify. I think because of this my iOS spotify on premium is not working. Would it be possible to delete the Facebook account? Rega...
  • Howcoza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! I need somebody!

Description I have spotify premium. Whenever I plug my ipod in, and choose to manually select playlists, Spotify closes.It has become extremely frustrating. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. First I restored my ipod. 2. Then I sele...

• Casual Listener
  • Description I have spotify premium. Whenever I plug my ipod in, and choose to manually select playlists, Spotify closes. It has become extremely frustrating.  A more detailed description, u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Still slow downloads

I have an iPhone 4 and 5 and Spitify is slow to download on both. Looking through the Forum posts this isn't a problem with customers hard wear its an issue with Spotify systems. We need to notify a few high profile business / tech journalists to thi...

• I have an iPhone 4 and 5 and Spitify is slow to download on both. Looking through the Forum posts this isn't a problem with customers hard wear its an issue with Spotify systems. We need to notify a ...
  • josinski89
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • slow sync
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"unable to play track" on iphone 5s

Description I got a new Iphone 5s and spotify refuses to play any tracks with the error message " unable to play track" . I have cleared history/cookies, rebooted, reinstalled but the problem remains. This is true for streaming and syncing. A more de...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description I got a new Iphone 5s and spotify refuses to play any tracks with the error message " unable to play track" . I have cleared history/cookies, rebooted, reinstalled but the prob...
  • onlineant
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

languish

Spotify on my iphone is germen, how can I switch to English??

• Spotify on my iphone is germen, how can I switch to English??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you make playlists automatically public?

My friend uses the Spotify app for iPhone. I use Spotify on desktop (Windows XP). I have started following him but can't see any of his playlists and. He doesn't know how to make them public on the iPhone app. I know how to switch playlists from secr...

• Casual Listener
  • My friend uses the Spotify app for iPhone. I use Spotify on desktop (Windows XP).   I have started following him but can't see any of his playlists and. He doesn't know how to make them public...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Blank white screen in iPad app.

Help! I have just tried to open my spotify app and I get a blank white screen. I can see the buttons down the side like search, what's new etc but nothing happens when I touch them. I have deleted the app and reloaded it twice. It is working on my iP...

• Casual Listener
  • Help! I have just tried to open my spotify app and I get a blank white screen. I can see the buttons down the side like search, what's new etc but nothing happens when I touch them. I have deleted th...
  • Lulabella69
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks not playing on app, tracks not syncing

I originally had a problem where the tracks (all local files synced from my computer to my phone) would not play. They would open and act like they were playing but there was nothing on the bar at the bottom. looked like this: http://community.spotif...

• Regular
  • I originally had a problem where the tracks (all local files synced from my computer to my phone) would not play. They would open and act like they were playing but there was nothing on the bar at th...
  • thecourtneyset
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium no streaming my music

So I just got Spotify Premium because I heard you can import your iTunes playlists into it. This excited me because my phone is literally out of space (I have about 15 pending app updates that I don't have space for lol). So the plan was to use Spoti...

• Regular
  • So I just got Spotify Premium because I heard you can import your iTunes playlists into it. This excited me because my phone is literally out of space (I have about 15 pending app updates that I don'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 408 Error

I've been trying to access Spotify using my iPad and iPhone, but neither of them work, saying that there's a 408 error. I don't know why it's showing this because my account is registered inside the UK and I've never used Spotify outside of the UK. A...

• Regular
  • I've been trying to access Spotify using my iPad and iPhone, but neither of them work, saying that there's a 408 error. I don't know why it's showing this because my account is registered inside the ...
  • nicolaiharbech
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

selecting songs goes to radio

My Spotify recently has begun opening up the Start Radio screen when selecting songs. How do I configure to play the song only and not go to the radio screen? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify recently has begun opening up the Start Radio screen when selecting songs. How do I configure to play the song only and not go to the radio screen?   Thanks
  • tcrepeau
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function

the radio functin is not working. help.   

• the radio functin is not working. help.   
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have spotify premium but it won't play offline

I am paying for spotify premuim but it will not play offline. This is very annoying

• Casual Listener
  • I am paying for spotify premuim but it will not play offline. This is very annoying
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The forward and next track button on the app isn't working with the locked iOS7 screen.

I just updated to the new iOS7 on my iPhone. I also just got the newest update to Spotify. Previously, when the screen locks after a minute, I would press the circle button on the iPhone twice and the music controls would appear with pause/play, prev...

• Regular
  • I just updated to the new iOS7 on my iPhone. I also just got the newest update to Spotify. Previously, when the screen locks after a minute, I would press the circle button on the iPhone twice and th...
  • Ryan_Q3L
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes