Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Starred tracks not syncing to ios from mac client

I have been a spotify premium user for over 2 years, just recently my starred tracks (set on make offline) are not syncing between desktop and IOS. Even within the ios app starring songs do not show up. I have tried the add a playlist trick and it he...

• I have been a spotify premium user for over 2 years, just recently my starred tracks (set on make offline) are not syncing between desktop and IOS. Even within the ios app starring songs do not show ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Like and unlike on radio disappear after adding a song to the queue (ios)

Love the "add to the queue" on the iOS (which should also be introduced to web player!) giving a little necessary control over the radio. But after adding a song to the queue, the like and unlike buttons disappear from the interface. I can only tap a...

• Love the "add to the queue" on the iOS (which should also be introduced to web player!) giving a little necessary control over the radio. But after adding a song to the queue, the like and unlike but...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Fiesta 2012 - USB Connectivity!

I'm having issues using Spotify with my Ford Fiesta.When I connect my Iphone to my car stereo, the console says "No tracks detected on the ipod".I've tried being online with spotify.Being offline with spotify.None of the above works!Is there a way fo...

• Regular
  • I'm having issues using Spotify with my Ford Fiesta. When I connect my Iphone to my car stereo, the console says "No tracks detected on the ipod". I've tried being online with spotify. Being off...
  • Spangles
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist stops

My starred tracks are downloaded onto my iPhone and I often listen to this while driving. The playlist often just STOPS when a song finishes and wont play the next one. I can open the phone and press the Next button to get it to the next song (Or the...

• Casual Listener
  • My starred tracks are downloaded onto my iPhone and I often listen to this while driving. The playlist often just STOPS when a song finishes and wont play the next one. I can open the phone and press...
  • rose1956
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes while syncing iPod for the first time

I went to sync my iPod nano with Spotify, now Spotify has crashed and my iPod is stuck. **bleep** you.

• Casual Listener
  • I went to sync my iPod nano with Spotify, now Spotify has crashed and my iPod is stuck.  **bleep** you.
  • sofaking6
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All my playlists are suddenly with no songs in then..?

Yesterday all the songs on my playlists are no longer available to play..! What has happened? Could it be an error reg. that my creditcard was no longer in use? I have switched bank, and got a new creditcard- I have entered my new details. Presse hel...

• Yesterday all the songs on my playlists are no longer available to play..! What has happened? Could it be an error reg. that my creditcard was no longer in use? I have switched bank, and got a new cr...
  • sampletime
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod touch, synching with Itunes und use Spotify offline playlists

Hello, maybe beginners question? I have now spotify premium und want to buy an Ipod touch 5g as an device using spotify and listen to my mp3 collection. I want to synch my local mp3 with Itunes, so that I can use them normally with the Ipod program (...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, maybe beginners question? I have now spotify premium und want to buy an Ipod touch 5g as an device using spotify and listen to my mp3 collection. I want to synch my local mp3 with Itunes, so t...
  • saugguat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pandora station from computer to iPad

Howdy there! Let me start with the fact that I just joined Spotify after hearing that you can go offline mode with the app. I don't have 3G on my iPad and I'm interested in listening to music as I walk in my local recreation center... therefore, come...

• Howdy there!   Let me start with the fact that I just joined Spotify after hearing that you can go offline mode with the app. I don't have 3G on my iPad and I'm interested in listening to mu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs playing on Desktop but not on iPhone app with Premium

So some of the tracks that play just fine in a playlist on my desktop refuse to play in the mobile app on my iPhone 4S. I have Premium subscription and it all works fine in the main. Just these occasional tracks that don't play, they just sit there w...

rizmc.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • So some of the tracks that play just fine in a playlist on my desktop refuse to play in the mobile app on my iPhone 4S. I have Premium subscription and it all works fine in the main. Just these occas...
  • rose1956
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Supported devices

Is there a complete list of supported devices for syncing music? I need to purchase a new device and want to make sure I get the right thing! Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a complete list of supported devices for syncing music? I need to purchase a new device and want to make sure I get the right thing! Thanks
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I did not get my 30 day free trial, when opening spotify it says 48 trial is running

I entered a request for a free 30 day premium account today. I submitted payment which showed a charge already without the 30 day trial.When i open spotify it says 48 hour trial is counting down

• I entered a request for a free 30 day premium account today. I submitted payment which showed a charge already without the 30 day trial. When i open spotify it says 48 hour trial is counting down
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlist only Partially Syncing

So I am a premium user and have about 1600 songs on my starred playlist and about 6 other playlist with anywhere from 20-500 songs on them on my MacBook. When I put these playlist into offline mode on my computer and Iphone 5, the songs begin to sync...

• So I am a premium user and have about 1600 songs on my starred playlist and about 6 other playlist with anywhere from 20-500 songs on them on my MacBook. When I put these playlist into offline mode o...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not updating, but I don't think its a server error.

Okay so I just recently got spotify and whenever I add music to my playlists on my computer, they are not connecting with my phone playlists so my phone is never updated. I have read a lot about "playlist server errors" but my brother has spotify on ...

• Okay so I just recently got spotify and whenever I add music to my playlists on my computer, they are not connecting with my phone playlists so my phone is never updated. I have read a lot about "p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I purchased spotify premium, but it isn't working

i purchasses spotify premium but it isnt working. i have an i phone 3g . shouldnt spotify be able to be accessed from my phone , on the screen now? Please Could you help me

• Casual Listener
  • i purchasses spotify premium but it isnt working. i have an i phone 3g .  shouldnt spotify be able to be accessed from my phone , on the screen now? Please Could you help me
  • MikeyB
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tmobile uk buffering

Spotify works fine on my home broadband, but the buffering is terrible on tmobile uk. I can only listen to a few seconds before a ten second pause while more buffers. Speediest says that my 3G connection is nearly 4mb though. Are tmobile blocking spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works fine on my home broadband, but the buffering is terrible on tmobile uk. I can only listen to a few seconds before a ten second pause while more buffers. Speediest says that my 3G connec...
  • Wigwam_salesman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dont want to share my playlists

Hello!I Dont know if this is possible because I can't find an answer for it but I dont want to share Every playlist that I have. Is there something I can do? I have looked at the settings but couldnt find anything.

• Hello! I Dont know if this is possible because I can't find an answer for it but I dont want to share Every playlist that I have. Is there something I can do? I have looked at the settings but could...
  • RJay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP Spotify Mobile Bitrate

After much research, I decided to get spotify premium since it is the best music service.However, I wanted to know if Spotify streams 320kbps quality audio to both desktop AND MOBILE in premium. I heard that 320 kbps is only for desktop and 160kbps i...

• After much research, I decided to get spotify premium since it is the best music service. However, I wanted to know if Spotify streams 320kbps quality audio to both desktop AND MOBILE in premium. I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

local files not syncing to 2nd laptop in the house.

I have 2 laptops on same wifi. One has all my music on it and the other does not. How do I get the local files to be available on my other computer? I notice they are on my iphone because I synced it, but they are not on the other computer.

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2 laptops on same wifi.  One has all my music on it and the other does not.  How do I get the local files to be available on my other computer?   I notice they are on my iph...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs stop syncing

My offline songs simply stop syncing. Everything will be going fine, then suddenly it can't get past a specific song to continue. Please help!

• My offline songs simply stop syncing.  Everything will be going fine, then suddenly it can't get past a specific song to continue.  Please help!
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes