Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync on Iphone 5

Premium seems to be working on my Iphone 5 but I can't get any of my local files to sync. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and my brand new Mac. Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • Premium seems to be working on my Iphone 5 but I can't get any of my local files to sync. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and my brand new Mac. Anyone else having this issue? An...
  • ssalichristina
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

OFFLINE PLAYLIST IS NOT DOWNLOADING - TRIED EVERYTHING!!

I've been using Spotify for quite some time now, and I love it (most of the time) but recently when I mark my playlists for "Available Offline" some or one song(s) gets downloaded. My iPhone and Mac are one the same Wifi network and the Spotify app i...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify for quite some time now, and I love it (most of the time) but recently when I mark my playlists for "Available Offline" some or one song(s) gets downloaded.   My iPho...
  • ssalichristina
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on iPhone keeps playing even though I paused it!

I've noticed that I'll be listening to Spotify on my iPhone, and then go to pause it, and somehow later it starts up again and plays. Even though I can't actually hear music playing, the play button icon in the corner is there and it manages to drain...

• I've noticed that I'll be listening to Spotify on my iPhone, and then go to pause it, and somehow later it starts up again and plays. Even though I can't actually hear music playing, the play button ...
  • Lascurettes
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock Radio Station hangs

Hey Spotify! I haven't been able to listen to Spotify Rock Radio in 3 days. Once it is chosen it just clocks. I finally give up and listen to another station. Am I really that complicated to figure out? (ha ha) ...But, really, not funny. DaveK

• Casual Listener
  •     Hey Spotify!   I haven't been able to listen to Spotify Rock Radio in 3 days. Once it is chosen it just clocks. I finally give up and listen to another station. Am I really...
  • EastCoastOps
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need Help- Error 412 after re-installing

Hi- I recently decided to deactivate my facebook account temporarily. Since then I have had no luck logging on to spotify. I am a premium user, and love spotify, and use it all the time. I tried re-activating my facebook account, but still have had n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- I recently decided to deactivate my facebook account temporarily.  Since then I have had no luck logging on to spotify.  I am a premium user, and love spotify, and use it all the time. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone - Skip Track with Volume Buttons - any Chance to get this working?

Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??

• Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??
  • tomjol
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

play queue

Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device to another and want to continue our listening experi...

• Music Fan
  • Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotifyin landscape mode!

Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  

•   Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

iPad 2 crash upon opening (running iOS 6.0.1)

When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes. Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening. Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.

• When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes.  Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening.  Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium member but not able to search music on iphone

I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....

• I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium service

I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?

• I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted/Poor Audio from iphone 4

All the tracks I have started playing back from my iphone 4 are of poor/distorted quality, whether via bluetooth in car or through hard wired cable. Music sounds fine from my itunes playlists. Any thoughts how to fix this? Anyone else had same issue?

• Regular
  • All the tracks I have started playing back from my iphone 4 are of poor/distorted quality, whether via bluetooth in car or through hard wired cable.  Music sounds fine from my itunes playlists.&...
  • Rana89
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem downloading playlists (iPod touch)

Hi, I've been having a problem with downloading songs. I just added three albums onto my spotify list but they won't download. I can play them online, but they just won't download them onto my iPod and my memory isn't even full yet. when I looked up ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been having a problem with downloading songs. I just added three albums onto my spotify list but they won't download. I can play them online, but they just won't download them ont...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not recognized on iPhone 5

I signed up for the free 48 hour premium trial which I was using through the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. After the trial ended, I upgraded and paid for a Premium account. Now, when I try to stream through the app, I recieve the message that "Only Pre...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the free 48 hour premium trial which I was using through the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. After the trial ended, I upgraded and paid for a Premium account. Now, when I try to stream th...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple issues on Iphone 4

1. App continually crashes after login 2. After numerous reinstalls (partially to fix the cache bug), now I have no playlists on my phone except Starred, Local, and Inbox. Both Inbox and Starred contain the files they should, but none of the playlist...

• Visitor
  • 1. App continually crashes after login 2. After numerous reinstalls (partially to fix the cache bug), now I have no playlists on my phone except Starred, Local, and Inbox. Both Inbox and Starred co...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps resetting my playlists

For a long time now, the spotify app on my iphone (4s but it was doing this before I upgrade on my old 4 as well) has been doing the most annoying thing. When I open the app, it resets my playlists to a previous state - its always the same one: it li...

• Casual Listener
  •   For a long time now, the spotify app on my iphone (4s but it was doing this before I upgrade on my old 4 as well) has been doing the most annoying thing. When I open the app, it resets my pl...
  • Har
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Setting up Spotify on 3 iPads...issue...

I have Spotify installed on my Macbook Air. I have Sonos installed on my Ipad, with Spotify setup within the Sonos app. That all works fine. Now I want to set up Spotify on 2 further Ipads (used by my kids) so they can downland their music and listen...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify installed on my Macbook Air.  I have Sonos installed on my Ipad, with Spotify setup within the Sonos app.  That all works fine.   Now I want to set up Spotify on 2 f...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync in iPhone

Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now with the new update, all the songs are greyed out a...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now ...
  • jroemer81
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Tracking Liked Radio Songs Well

I'm running Spotify Premium on PC and iPhone 5. I've liked a lot more than 3 songs while listening to various radio stations, but my "Liked from Radio" playlist is only showing three songs that I've liked. Seems like there's something wrong with this...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running Spotify Premium on PC and iPhone 5. I've liked a lot more than 3 songs while listening to various radio stations, but my "Liked from Radio" playlist is only showing three songs that I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app will not scrobble

The Spotify app on the iPad will not scrobble to Last.fm. I've reentered my Last.fm username and password a couple times, but it still won't work. I'm not having any problems scrobbling from the iPhone app, same version. The desktop app also scrobble...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app on the iPad will not scrobble to Last.fm. I've reentered my Last.fm username and password a couple times, but it still won't work.   I'm not having any problems scrobbling fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes