Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Local file not showing up on mobile app when it's downloaded on desktop app

I followed all the steps in this article to get a song from my desktop onto the local files on my desktop Spotify app, but when I try to get the playlist with the songs on it to my iPhone mobile Spotify app, nothing shows up and it says that the song...

• Casual Listener
  • I followed all the steps in this article to get a song from my desktop onto the local files on my desktop Spotify app, but when I try to get the playlist with the songs on it to my iPhone mobile...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    local file
    Mobile
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Radio Doesn't Involve The Song Itself

Hi, When I select a song to play its radio, the radio list doesn't involve the song itself. This was happening for a while before, but with an update they've solved this issue. But now I see that it turned back and I think this is a mistake. What I l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When I select a song to play its radio, the radio list doesn't involve the song itself. This was happening for a while before, but with an update they've solved this issue. But now I see...
  • skamac137
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! When I hit pause, the song always restarts from the beginning when I hit play

Plan - Duo, currently on free trial but will be premium.Free/PremiumCountry - USA Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) - iPhone 8 PlusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueEvery time I hit pa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Duo, currently on free trial but will be premium. Free/Premium Country - USA   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) - iPhone 8 Plus Operating System (iOS 10, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files showing but not playing

I downloaded local files from my macbook to my iphone, however some of the files won't play. The playlist I added the local files to is downloaded on both and the little green arrows show up next to all the songs. All songs appear on the playlist, ho...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded local files from my macbook to my iphone, however some of the files won't play. The playlist I added the local files to is downloaded on both and the little green arrows show up next to ...
  • 21ur4vdpgtjhsec
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Troubleshooting
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I change my playlist covers?

I have the app downloaded on my laptop and phone but it still won't let me change my playlist covers. PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Acer Chromebook R 11)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • I have the app downloaded on my laptop and phone but it still won't let me change my playlist covers.  Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Acer Chromebook R 11) Operating System (...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain local files not appearing on my phone

I have many local files on my phone, and I added two more of the same artist from the same album but they won’t show up on my phone. I made sure they were in the right playlist, I added them to a separate playlist and I even erased the local files pl...

• Visitor
  • I have many local files on my phone, and I added two more of the same artist from the same album but they won’t show up on my phone. I made sure they were in the right playlist, I added them to a sep...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ongoing iOS issues with the app and accounts

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.7 For the past week and a half - and at increasingly less sporadic intervals across the year thus far - the Spotify app has either been freezing altogether. Lagging longer than 5-6 in so...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.7   For the past week and a half - and at increasingly less sporadic intervals across the year thus f...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Pop-up messages app

how many times am i supposed to click the "Avfärda" button to get rid of your totally missplaced pop-ups???? Been clicking that button 17 fu**ing times now, and i still get that message. I DONT WANT TO SEE THOOSE MESSAGES!!!!!!! GET IT??? Am gettin r...

• Music Fan
  • how many times am i supposed to click the "Avfärda" button to get rid of your totally missplaced pop-ups???? Been clicking that button 17 fu**ing times now, and i still get that message. I DONT WANT ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback defaults to repeat when connecting to car via Bluetooth

Premium Subscription Country: UKDevice: iPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating System: iOS 13.6 My Question or Issue: I believe this issue has been ongoing for some users for years, judging by this thread. I have just changed my car to a Porsche Cayenne and when...

• Premium Subscription  Country: UK Device: iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System: iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue: I believe this issue has been ongoing for some users ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Automatically Skipping Every Other Song

Since the 8.5.80 update, the app has been skipping songs. Instead of playing the songs in the order of the queue, it will always skip exactly one song.Plan PremiumCountry United StatesDevice iPhone XR

• Visitor
  • Since the 8.5.80 update, the app has been skipping songs. Instead of playing the songs in the order of the queue, it will always skip exactly one song. Plan   Premium Country   United S...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesnt play next song in my search bar

Hi! Whenever i search something in the search bar and play the song at the top of the list the rest of the song wont start and isnt in the queue. I have spotify premium in Sweden on an iphone 6s and my friend with iphone 8 has the same issue. We have...

• Hi! Whenever i search something in the search bar and play the song at the top of the list the rest of the song wont start and isnt in the queue. I have spotify premium in Sweden on an iphone 6s and ...
  • MBnk
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

When I’m playing my music with my headphone, it keeps switching to web player ( firefox)

I do not have any web player (Firefox) for Spotify being on . PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XR Operating System IOS 14 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  •   I do not have any web player (Firefox) for Spotify being on .    Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone XR  Operating System  IOS 14    My Question...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music keeps pausing

Hello! My name is Grace, Heres the info before I get into the problem. My country is America, I'm on the premium plan, I have a IPhone 6s (I believe), I think that has iOS too.Okay so I'm not sure if this is because of Spotify but why not ask right? ...

• Visitor
  • Hello! My name is Grace, Heres the info before I get into the problem. My country is America, I'm on the premium plan, I have a IPhone 6s (I believe), I think that has iOS too. Okay so I'm not sure ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t play certain explicit songs

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceIPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have explicit content enabled, and certain explicit songs still don’t play. I don’t get why this is happening. I can play most explicit songs on Spotify. But some songs...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device IPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have explicit content enabled, and certain explicit songs still don’t play. I d...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Clear recently played

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-clear-my-recently-played/m-p/4785233#M114850The 'solution' in the linked issue does not work.I want to clear my recently played list on home screen. Even if I use the desktop app to remove so...

• Casual Listener
  • https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-clear-my-recently-played/m-p/4785233#M114850 The 'solution' in the linked issue does not work. I want to clear my recently played list on ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

App disconnects from Sonos speaker every time I open the app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issueso I connect my phone to to speaker through the iPhone app & every time I leave the app the m...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue so I co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist plays in shuffle mode even when I click on a track

As of the last few days playlists now always play in shuffle mode even when I just click on a track - instead of it playing the next track below and so on. Is this a bug or an update? Doesn't make sense if it's an update as you can no longer play one...

• Casual Listener
  • As of the last few days playlists now always play in shuffle mode even when I just click on a track - instead of it playing the next track below and so on. Is this a bug or an update? Doesn't make se...
  • 10tullj
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget !!

is Spotify going to release widget soon or no?i really want a Spotify widget as soon as possible but i dont know when they will release it , anyone know ?

• Casual Listener
  • is Spotify going to release  widget soon or no? i really want a Spotify widget as soon as possible but i dont know when they will release it , anyone know ?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my current song restart when I close the app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhy the heck does it do this.

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Why the...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My app is broken, wouldn’t connect and now can’t log in

My app stopped connecting at all, so I deleted it and re downloaded and I now can’t log in, this only happens on my phone and I have triple checked both my usernames and passwords. It also doesn’t let me log in with Facebook PlanPremiumDeviceiphone 6...

• Visitor
  • My app stopped connecting at all, so I deleted it and re downloaded and I now can’t log in, this only happens on my phone and I have triple checked both my usernames and passwords. It also doesn’t le...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes