Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

iPad unable to sync for offline music use

Hello.So I have been unable to hear any songs on my playlist offline. I have tried reinstalling the program. I have switched offline mode on and off. Yet nothing. I don't have a main computer either, just the iPad. Am I screwed without a main compute...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. So I have been unable to hear any songs on my playlist offline. I have tried reinstalling the program. I have switched offline mode on and off. Yet nothing. I don't have a main computer...
  • Spivey69
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Syncing

Hey I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled still no success. The local files show and play on my PC app, but it is not syncing to my iPhone. The playlist I put the files in just says Waiting to Download. No grey arrows by the song. Th...

• Hey I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled still no success.   The local files show and play on my PC app, but it is not syncing to my iPhone. The playlist I put the files in j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Today's update and BMW Connected Drive

Anyone else find that this integration no longer works after today's IOS update?Only reason I ask as I was using Spotify this morning fine, downloaded the update in the afternoon, and when I drove home the the integration failed to appear as it when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone else find that this integration no longer works after today's IOS update? Only reason I ask as I was using Spotify this morning fine, downloaded the update in the afternoon, and when I drov...
  • jdiego29
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes
  • BMW
    connected
    drive
    integration
  • 36 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't see the queue on iPad

So you just released the new iPad update and we finally got My Music. But we still can't see the queue? Am I missing something? How do we see the queue? Let me guess, we have to wait 6 months for that too? I don't expect to be a Spotify customer in 6...

• Regular
  • So you just released the new iPad update and we finally got My Music.  But we still can't see the queue?  Am I missing something?  How do we see the queue?  Let me guess, we have ...
  • jcanada
  • 14 replies
  • 13 likes
  • queue
  • 14 replies
  • 13 likes

iOS 9.3.3 Spotify Doesn't Get Past Loading Screen

I've got the Premium version working on multiple computers all of which I've reset and even unchecked all local folder options to see if the iOS version would allow me to open and play music. No luck. I'm easily able to access account via desktop or ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got the Premium version working on multiple computers all of which I've reset and even unchecked all local folder options to see if the iOS version would allow me to open and play music. No luck...
  • jlit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Spotify Unable to Reinstall

Recently, I deleted Spotify from my phone and I tried to reinstall it, however, it will not download. I have over 164MB available, so storage isn't the issue. Can someone help?

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, I deleted Spotify from my phone and I tried to reinstall it, however, it will not download. I have over 164MB available, so storage isn't the issue. Can someone help?
  • M0HX
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Play on iPad drives me crazy

Hi there,I am using the latest Spotify iPad-App with my Premium Account and spent quite some time - without success - trying to deactivate the shuffle mode within an album.On the iPhone, I just open what I would call the control bar, where I can easi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I am using the latest Spotify iPad-App with my Premium Account and spent quite some time - without success - trying to deactivate the shuffle mode within an album. On the iPhone, I just o...
  • djlobov
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Shuffle in playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to turn off AutoPlay on iOS device?

Every time I plug in my headset into my iPhone, Spotify automatically turns on and starts playing music that's NOT EVEN MY OWN! Is there anyway to deactivate this feature? I cannot find it in the phone settings or Spotify settings... I can't listen t...

• Every time I plug in my headset into my iPhone, Spotify automatically turns on and starts playing music that's NOT EVEN MY OWN!    Is there anyway to deactivate this feature? I cannot fin...
  • Eugene-sptfy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album, Song and Artist libraries not working

When I go into "Your Library" and pick either Songs, Artists or Albums category and swipe down and Filter by "Downloaded" and "Title" the list doesn't show all the songs I have downloaded on my device. Eventhough they are definitely there cause I can...

• When I go into "Your Library" and pick either Songs, Artists or Albums category and swipe down and Filter by "Downloaded" and "Title" the list doesn't show all the songs I have downloaded on my devic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't work on iPad- Won't play music and playlists have dissappeared

I have Spotify Premium which I used on my iPhone and iPad. It's working perfectly on my iPHONE but for the last. month it's stopped playing music on my iPad. Occasionally it will start to play a song on the iPad but will then cut off 30sec into it! A...

• I have Spotify Premium which I used on my iPhone and iPad. It's working perfectly on my iPHONE but for the last. month it's stopped playing music on my iPad. Occasionally it will start to play a song...
  • osmang
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not enough space for downloading songs

I´ve got a big problem with Spotify on my iPhone 6Plus. If I want to download a playlist it says that there is not enough space to download the songs. But I have about 200 MB capacity which is not used! I tried it with a playlist which contains 100 s...

• I´ve got a big problem with Spotify on my iPhone 6Plus. If I want to download a playlist it says that there is not enough space to download the songs. But I have about 200 MB capacity which is n...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with playing songs offline

My brother just got an iPhone and he has Spotify premium on it, but when he download the songs to listen to them offline it looks like this and he can only play the songs with the green arrow. when he downloaded them they all had a green arrow but wh...

• My brother just got an iPhone and he has Spotify premium on it, but when he download the songs to listen to them offline it looks like this and he can only play the songs with the green arrow. when h...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't turn on the 'Download using Cellular'

Hi everyone!I'm using Samsung J2 with a Spotify Premium which I can't turn on the Download using Cellular. Though I can switch that green switch into on and off but it writes there 'Recommended Setting: Off' It's still off and never changes into on.....

• Hi everyone! I'm using Samsung J2 with a Spotify Premium which I can't turn on the Download using Cellular. Though I can switch that green switch into on and off but it writes there 'Recommended S...
  • eir_antig
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Song unavailable"

This pops up many times. Especially in albums. I can go to the artist page and hope that the song is in the top 5 and it would play the exact same song that said "not available".Help? Been like this for a long time now..

• Casual Listener
  • This pops up many times. Especially in albums. I can go to the artist page and hope that the song is in the top 5 and it would play the exact same song that said "not available". Help? Been like t...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Will the app consider being on cellular data as "offline" when I try to play my offline songs?

I have a few playlists synced to my phone so that they're available offline. However, my phone is rarely truly "offline" as I have LTE data. When I play those songs when I'm on LTE will the app play the copy of the song that's saved on my phone or wi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a few playlists synced to my phone so that they're available offline. However, my phone is rarely truly "offline" as I have LTE data.    When I play those songs when I'm on LTE wil...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening History

Hello. I listen to spotify a lot. I especially enjoy the Discovery weekly feature. Thing is, I listened to a song I liked a lot on Sunday evening after work, then when I went back to listen to it, it was gone. There's no way to go back to my listenin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I listen to spotify a lot. I especially enjoy the Discovery weekly feature. Thing is, I listened to a song I liked a lot on Sunday evening after work, then when I went back to listen ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes