Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Fido Spotify premium

I keep getting billed for my spotify subscription when my fido plan includes the 2 years premium subscription free. On my bill displays that my spotify is coming from Rogers. Prior to porting over to Fido I had one number phone number that i was payi...

• I keep getting billed for my spotify subscription when my fido plan includes the 2 years premium subscription free. On my bill displays that my spotify is coming from Rogers.   Prior to portin...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening history

Hello, i really need to find this one song i listened to, can't remember the name or artist, can't find it by lyrics either, is it possible to see my listening history from 16.08 about 10 am -1 pm.

• Hello, i really need to find this one song i listened to, can't remember the name or artist, can't find it by lyrics either, is it possible to see my listening history from 16.08 about 10 am -1 pm.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play offline after Premium trial ends

Hi. I ve just started using Spotify, and I m using my 7days free premium trial. I ve choosen to listen some playlists offline and the songs have been downloaded to my iphone 4. When free trial ends l will be able to listen these playlists offline, or...

• Hi. I ve just started using Spotify, and I m using my 7days free premium trial. I ve choosen to listen some playlists offline and the songs have been downloaded to my iphone 4. When free trial ends l...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

video crash

I have Spotify premium on iphone5 with all the latest updates on the OS and Spotify and everytime I go to play a video of any kind the app instantly shuts down and goes back to my home screen.

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium on iphone5 with all the latest updates on the OS and Spotify and everytime I go to play a video of any kind the app instantly shuts down and goes back to my home screen.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dowloading problem

Dear All, I'm facing a problem on my iPhone 6: since yesterday I cannot download music (I'm a premium member of course), there's no error message or anything, the Downloading is 0/250 for ever...My internet is working, I have no idea what could possi...

• Dear All,   I'm facing a problem on my iPhone 6: since yesterday I cannot download music (I'm a premium member of course), there's no error message or anything, the Downloading is 0/250 for ev...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically starts playing on cable connect

Hi, I have an iphone lightning cable that connects to my car audio system.Each time I connect my iphone to the cable, the spotify app starts to play automatically.I don't want this to happen automatically. How can I prevent this behaviour? Thanks,Rob

• Hi,   I have an iphone lightning cable that connects to my car audio system. Each time I connect my iphone to the cable, the spotify app starts to play automatically. I don't want this to ha...
  • erez12
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow app startup.

I'm using spotify premium on an iPhone 5s. It takes 5-10 minutes for the app to load (no joke). It then usually crashes. Upon the second reboot it takes 3 minutes to load and then seems to work until I stop using that app. I then have to go through t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify premium on an iPhone 5s. It takes 5-10 minutes for the app to load (no joke). It then usually crashes. Upon the second reboot it takes 3 minutes to load and then seems to work until...
  • mzwagemakers
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

saved songs dont appear in library when offline - but are reachable through search

so lately ive noticed, that whenever i go offline for se time all of my music will dissapear from my library, only showing a card telling me to download somgs whenever i go back online.So you'd assume the app simply didnt download the music...but whe...

• so lately ive noticed, that whenever i go offline for se time all of my music will dissapear from my library, only showing a card telling me to download somgs whenever i go back online. So you'd ass...
  • EstelleValantia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working well at all... tried everything

Howdy, I have had these issues for about a month. I think the problem may be with my account because I'm having problems with using it on both my Galaxy 6 and Iphone 6 and both devices are on different networks. Problems include:When i search for son...

• Visitor
  • Howdy,   I have had these issues for about a month. I think the problem may be with my account because I'm having problems with using it on both my Galaxy 6 and Iphone 6 and both devices are o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Copying songs to iPhone

Hi Everybody,I have a Premium account and I would like to download songs on my iPhone for listening them offline. My problem is that Wi-fI doen't work on it Is there a way to copy songs from Spotify for Mac to my device when it is connected to my Mac...

• Hi Everybody, I have a Premium account and I would like to download songs on my iPhone for listening them offline. My problem is that Wi-fI doen't work on it 😞 Is there a way to copy songs from Spo...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone Please help me with unresponsive/always freezing IOS app!

HI! I am so very frustrated with spotify and I am wondering why I still PAY FOR PREMIUM! The app is CONSTANTLTY freezing, going unresponsive or being super slow. I had deleted it 4 TIMES NOW and it still continues freezing! I just uninstalled it a fe...

• Casual Listener
  • HI! I am so very frustrated with spotify and I am wondering why I still PAY FOR PREMIUM! The app is CONSTANTLTY freezing, going unresponsive or being super slow. I had deleted it 4 TIMES NOW and it s...
  • Timmyc1983
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find private playlist

I made one of my playlists private on the app and now I don't know if its deleted, but its not showing up. I'm kinda new to spotify so I'm not sure how this works

• I made one of my playlists private on the app and now I don't know if its deleted, but its not showing up. I'm kinda new to spotify so I'm not sure how this works
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in using the app but have no problem online

HiI have feet my password twice and can't log into the app on iPhone 6s. My password works online but not in the app. I have uninstalled twice but still does not work? Help!

• Hi I have feet my password twice and can't log into the app on iPhone 6s. My password works online but not in the app. I have uninstalled twice but still does not work? Help!
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps stopping, rewinding, switching songs, etc

Whenever I try to play a certain album or song, it always stops or rewinds my music at certain points, it's very random at times and I don't know what to do, my headphones do have a cut near the plug, but it isn't very large, so i was wondering if th...

• Whenever I try to play a certain album or song, it always stops or rewinds my music at certain points, it's very random at times and I don't know what to do, my headphones do have a cut near the plug...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Iphone 5s won't post to Facebook

I have a premium account, when I try to post a song to my facebook account It come up with error "there was an error posting to spotify please try again"I have checked my Facebook is linked to my Spotify in account settings. I have an Iphone 5s IOS 9...

• I have a premium account, when I try to post a song to my facebook account It come up with error "there was an error posting to spotify please try again" I have checked my Facebook is linked to my S...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost all my offline music when I logged out

For some reason when I logged out of my account on iPhone 6 it lost all of my offline music the only thing that stayed was my playlist. Any help on getting this back ? FYI the only thing I use my apology account is on my phone don't have one on compu...

• For some reason when I logged out of my account on iPhone 6 it lost all of my offline music the only thing that stayed was my playlist. Any help on getting this back ? FYI the only thing I use my apo...
  • jeyare
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid for premium and not working

I have a subscription to Spotify premium and a few weeks ago had to cancel my card that the payment was linked to. Today my month subscription ended and I realised I needed to update my card details so I did and I re-subscribed. The money was taken o...

• I have a subscription to Spotify premium and a few weeks ago had to cancel my card that the payment was linked to. Today my month subscription ended and I realised I needed to update my card details ...
  • mzwagemakers
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Glitch not getting fixed after 2 months

Hi, As said in other posts, I have had this IOS apple ipod touch glitch for 2 months and it is not getting updated and fixed and I am sick of it. I will attach a picture. It will not let me sucessfully share any song to Facebook without getting an Un...

erroe ipod.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hi,   As said in other posts, I have had this IOS apple ipod touch glitch for 2 months and it is not getting updated and fixed and I am sick of it. I will attach a picture. It will not let me ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes