Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

4+ years account hacked. Requesting reponse from support.

4+ years account hacked. Requesting reponse from support.

After having used spotify for over 4 years I now seem to be locked out for no other reason then being hacked. This tuesday I suddenly couldn't get into spotify anymore (told me wrong password) so I followed the steps to request a new password only to be told that my email was not connected to an active spotify account. Now, I've been using this account and email for ages so I know that I am not using the wrong email adress. I've never received any emails telling me that my email adress was changed, nor did I get an email telling me that my password was changed. 

I have received premium through my internet provider: KPN.

I've already sent a form (Case #03320251) but reading these forums I see a lot of people with similar problems but no response from support. 

So here's my try.

Can someone please escalate/get back with me about this. It's especially disconcerting that there were no emails sent that my email adress was changed or my password was changed - I thought this was now industry standard to prevent sudden (illicit) changes. 

1 Reply

Hey @MisterGreen

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help. They should then hopefully reply back.

Try that first and let me know how it goes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts