Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account cannot be found

Solved!

Account cannot be found

A couple of days ago I created a new account and entered my username (_kvte). When I tried logging in with this username, it wasn’t accepted as an existing user, and I’ve had to log in with my email account. When checking my account this morning, I saw the my username was ‘

ddywrnv8vxtoryspgdf899jc7’, not the one I entered. Apparently I hadn’t verified my email, so that’s what I did.

After doing so, I re-entered my username as ‘kvte’ and expected all to be normal. I still can not login with any of the three mentioned usernames, and when attempting to search for the accounts, nothing comes up (user ‘_kvte’ comes up with an error message). I have also tried the ‘spotify:user:username’ option, which lead to the error message. My playlists say they’ve been created by _kvte, but that’s about the only thing. I don’t mind too much about the randomised user, but I’d like to at least be able to search it up. Is there any way this can be resolved?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kvte,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can access your profile via Search by entering spotify:user:ddywrnv8vxtoryspgdf899jc7 as that's what your username is (the part after spotify:user:).

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kvte,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can access your profile via Search by entering spotify:user:ddywrnv8vxtoryspgdf899jc7 as that's what your username is (the part after spotify:user:).

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi,

I have 3 different spotify accounts, 2 free and 1 Premium account. My premium account is linked to an email account that I had last year and now cannot access as it's with my previous employer, therefore I cannot reset my password as the email goes to an unaccessible email address.

Is there anyway I can cancal my subscription for username soozie1978 so that I can upgrade my free account (that I can access)

Hey @soozie1978,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you so much, that didn’t seem to be working before but it is now I guess. Appreciate the help.

Suggested posts