Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Log In with Username

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name. Is the above statement correct ? Because I have been logging in with my username since almost a year now and without any problems !!!

• Gig Goer
  • Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.   Is the above statement correct ? Because I have been logging in with my username since almost a year now and without any problems !!! ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Name as code

My Question or Issue:Hello, why is my user name showed as a code?  

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue: Hello, why is my user name showed as a code?   
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify account compromised and connected to unknown web player to farm plays for a playlist?

PlanPremium - not connected to FacebookCountryFinlandDeviceHonor 8 My Question or IssueHi!Yesterday i experienced some weird stuff happening with my account. As I tried to listen to music on spotify my music was consistenly switched to a salsa/latin ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium - not connected to Facebook Country Finland Device Honor 8   My Question or Issue Hi! Yesterday i experienced some weird stuff happening with my account. As I tried t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution i cant see my other account's public playlist

i have 2 accounts on the same pc.i want to see my other accounts playlist but i cant.all i see is one of them and one that was deleted along time ago

• Visitor
  • i have 2 accounts on the same pc.i want to see my other accounts playlist but i cant.all i see is one of them and one that was deleted along time ago
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Account doesn't work with Username

Hi together, I always used Spoitfy with my Facebook-Acount, today I tried to log in with my Username, because it didn't work with E-Mail and I wanted to try it without Facebook. So I logged in with Username, but my account wasn't connected to Faceboo...

• Visitor
  • Hi together,   I always used Spoitfy with my Facebook-Acount, today I tried to log in with my Username, because it didn't work with E-Mail and I wanted to try it without Facebook. So I logged ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

how do I change my profile picture on chrome?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicechromebookOperating Systemgoogle chrome My Question or Issue I use the spotify app availabe in the webstore for my chromebook, (open.spotify.com) and I can't add a profile picture. I've seen the instructions but my profile...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA  Device chromebook Operating System google chrome   My Question or Issue  I use the spotify app availabe in the webstore for my chromebook, (...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 23 likes

Solved!! Can't set storage to Dropbox. Windows 10

1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4 (Windows Store version) PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceAsus FW 2016 Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 1803 My Question or IssueIn Advance Settings, set storage location to an existing Dropbox folder accessed by another device. No co...

• Music Fan
  • 1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4 (Windows Store version)   Plan Premium Country Canada    Device Asus FW 2016   Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1803  My Question or Issue In...
  • handelhoven
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

hittar inte mitt andra premium konto

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue betalar för två konto men får tillgång till endast ett

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  betalar för två konto men får tillgång till endast ett &...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Account Recovery

Hello, I recently tried to merge my Facebook-connected account with my email account, and found the playlists, friends, saved songs and other information of my Facebook-connnected account had disappeared, and what remained was what was on my email ac...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello,   I recently tried to merge my Facebook-connected account with my email account, and found the playlists, friends, saved songs and other information of my Facebook-connnected ac...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Facebook was hacked, can't use Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLG X PowerOperating SystemUnknown My Question or IssueMy Facebook profile was hacked, and I cannot get it back. It may have been deleted. This means I can't use Spotify. Is there anything I can do to either recover, move o...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device LG X Power Operating System Unknown   My Question or Issue My Facebook profile was hacked, and I cannot get it back. It may have been de...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How

How do I contact Spotify support? Having trouble with "premium for family" not working.

• How do I contact Spotify support? Having trouble with "premium for family" not working.
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my facebook account was deactivated by facebook .. i can't connect to my premium spotify account

my account which is linked with my old facebook account is no longer reachable because facebpook deactivated it what can i do to link my premium spotify to my email ?

• Visitor
  •   my account which is linked with my old facebook account is no longer reachable because facebpook deactivated it   what can i do to link my premium spotify to my email ? 
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not receiving password resets in my emails

I've been tryng to change the password for days and have not recieve any emails to do so. I can not log on to make changes that I need to make because of it.. I've double check the email address over and to make sure it is correct and it is...so Idk ...

• I've been tryng to change the password for days and have not recieve any emails to do so. I can not log on to make changes that I need to make because of it.. I've double check the email address over...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I ask for a refund?

I got the family member plan but my brothers can´t log in so I would like a refund, how can I get it? I got the plan today

• I got the family member plan but my brothers can´t log in so I would like a refund, how can I get it?  I got the plan today 
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Account hacked - email/password changed

Hi, It seems that my Spotify Premium account has been hacked. Another person is playing music and creating playlists on my account, and they have changed the email/password connected to it. As such I cannot change my account details back, and the con...

• Hi,   It seems that my Spotify Premium account has been hacked. Another person is playing music and creating playlists on my account, and they have changed the email/password connected to it. ...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked

You are my last hope. My account has been hacked and somebody is connecting and using my premium account. I wouldn't mind that much if my music wasn't stopped by the hacker when he/she wants to enjoy spotify at the same times as me... I can connect v...

• Casual Listener
  • You are my last hope.   My account has been hacked and somebody is connecting and using my premium account. I wouldn't mind that much if my music wasn't stopped by the hacker when he/she wants...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Recovering a deleted account

PlanFreeCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung S7Operating SystemWindows 10, android My Question or Issue Hi, I deleted an account with the same username a couple months back and I would like to recover it, or just the playlists attached to that account. I ca...

• Plan Free Country Singapore Device Samsung S7 Operating System Windows 10, android   My Question or Issue  Hi, I deleted an account with the same username a couple months back and...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium for Students program limitations

My Question or IssueI removed my daughter from our Spotify Family account. Now that she attends college in another city she signed up for Spotify Premium for Student account as she also wanted the included Hulu subscription. At our home she watched H...

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue I removed my daughter from our Spotify Family account. Now that she attends college in another city she signed up for Spotify Premium for Student account as she ...
  • hess16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Community Account Info deleted

Somehow I lost all my community account information. It says I'm a newbie and only have created one topic (this will be #2), but I've FOR SURE posted things beofre with this account. I also lost my user name. Before I just changed it back to this use...

• Casual Listener
  •   Somehow I lost all my community account information.  It says I'm a newbie and only have created one topic (this will be #2), but I've FOR SURE posted things beofre with this account. &...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Security hole] Remote control devices on other networks through Spotify Connect

Hello community This is a serious security hole I've found on my Spotify Connect. If you have connected your Spotify to other devices, and now I'm able to control and connect that device even though I'm on an another network and on a far distance fro...

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 09.38.56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello community   This is a serious security hole I've found on my Spotify Connect. If you have connected your Spotify to other devices, and now I'm able to control and connect that device eve...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes