Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Name as code

Name as code

My Question or Issue:

Hello, why is my user name showed as a code? 

6 Replies

Me too. I signed up via the facebook link on registration, I never used to have a problem with this until recently. My name is only displayed as a code and my friends cant find me via my actual username (this worked before...)

What changed?

Have the same issue. Can't find the account when searched either. 

Hey @ChiaraDB@levpetrov and @niksteele,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Hope that does the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido,

I haven't opted out. Is there anyhting else that could fix it?

Thanks.

Hey @ChiaraDB.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Go to your Facebook settings and make sure you have granted Spotify access to your personal data. If you have removed Spotify from this list, you'll need to create a new account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username, which is now the digits you see. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there.

That should do the trick 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hey there @ChiaraDB,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to confirm, is the Facebook profile linked with your Spotify account still active?

Keep in mind if you've deactivated your Facebook profile, it would explain why you're seeing your numerical username instead of your Facebook name.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts