Issues involving Facebook account and username

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Ps4, huawei nova plus, laptop, web. practically all 

My Question or Issue

So I have had a premium spotify account for a few years now. I have made my account using Facebook. and all went well until about a few months ago when I noticed my name got switched to a bunch of random numbers and letters. 

I ignored it for a while, but when a bunch of my friends on the screen asked me what happened to my name on spotify every now and then, i figured I'd try and do something about it. So here's the complicated issue.

I have a facebook made account, however, facebook is not connecting to it. i click on find friends and i have to log into facebook where it says 0 friends are on spotify which is a lie. Under the social settings it is blank. I have tried disconnecting reconnecting everything but it's stuck in a between of connected to my facebook and not. I know I can cancel premium and make a new one which is what all the forums say but I have 1400+ songs saved and a playlist of over 140+ songs on it So i dont wanna spend hours getting all my music back. Can anyone help at all??? I beg of you

7 Replies

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Let's try and figure out if the steps you did were taken properly.

Have you clicked the "Sign Out Everywhere" through your account overview settings ?

Yes, I have tried signing out everywhere. I have tried signing out everywhere. Disconnecting my facbook. then recconecting and then signing in. I've tried on different devices and on the web browser. Thank you for the suggestion. If you have anymore they would be much appreciated! I'm running out of hope and options and I'm beggining to think this is the result of an error in either my account or another source. I hope the only issue isn't to just close my account and create a new one 😞

Hey there!

Thanks for getting back with me.

Just to make sure you don't have a second account, have you ever tried the Spotify free trial using another e-mail adress before signing with FB?

Another thing we can try and do is to log out (remove Spotify from FB permissions) from all devices, reset your FB password, log back in and give it up to 24hrs to update itself.

This way your FB gets updated and can try to reconect new info provided and it might solve blip.

Let me know if this helped.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes! Thnaks you 

Hey there !

Hopefully this will do the trick.

If it didn't, don't give up, we'll keep on trying till it does.

Have a great one !

It's been about 24 hours and when I did that. still no luck. I don't know whats wrong exactly. It's so wack

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting back with me!

Hang in there and we'll solve you issue.

Another thing i'd like to try is for you to follow the steps on this help guide, clean cache and then try and log again using your FB datails on an incognito web page.

Let me know if it worked out.

Suggested posts