Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account country incompatible with Credit card

Solved!

Account country incompatible with Credit card

Hi all! 

I´m trying to buy a premium account but my account is now registered in Slovakia (I live there most of the year) but my credit card is registered in Iceland since Im legally registered there and have all my bank accounts there as well. 

And I am unable to buy a premium account since my credit card and account are not registered in the same country, but I have no intention of getting a Slovak bank account 😕 It won´t give me the option to change my account country to Iceland since Im located in Slovakia now. 

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mariawish,

There are two (real and serious) solutions for this issue:

1. Get a payment method that's been issued in Slovakia
  2. Fly to Iceland to change your country and upgrade to Premium. You can then fly back to Slovakia because Premium users can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as they like.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mariawish,

There are two (real and serious) solutions for this issue:

1. Get a payment method that's been issued in Slovakia
  2. Fly to Iceland to change your country and upgrade to Premium. You can then fly back to Slovakia because Premium users can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as they like.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I´m very surprised and quite disappointed that there isn´t an easier (and more realistic) solution to this problem, like credit card verification via sms or through VISA or something like that 😕 

The above listed options aren´t available for the next 3 months due to various reasons. 

Suggested posts