Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Account hacked

Account hacked

For the most part of this past week, my account was accessed by someone other than me. They were able to make changes from single plan to family plan, add playback devices, change usernames and passwords. After 20 emails back-and-forth with Spotify, who reassured me that all is back in order, the fact is that only a fraction of the shoddy protection for members has been seen through. Spotify has never once taken any responsibility for not protecting us, the members, and should be investigated for their security procedures. 

There are numerous posts in the community on an ongoing basis, yet Spotify's responses have been laxed, to say the least. After the fourth straight day of advising Spotify that their actions still leave loose ends, today I've experienced yet another mishap.

When will Spotify get their act together?! Its nearly 2017, Spotify, internet seurity for an internet-based company should be unparallalled for you!

1 Reply

Hey @sinatrafan, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We recommend you reach out to us via email. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account to see what we can suggest.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts