Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account issues

Account issues

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have Spotify installed on my Lenovo laptop and Samsung tablet and have been usung it on both for years (free version). Today, the laptop version is working fine, but on the tablet, it asks me to log in. I'm not sure of my username or password, so clicked on "I forgot my password", entered my email, got the reset mail, did as asked, bingo. But when I log on with the new username (provided in the mail) and the new password (that I just created), I connect to a brand new, empty Spotify with none of my playlists... And trying to log in with my old username doesn't work. I'm at a total loss...

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

It sounds like you might have created another Spotify account on your tablet by accident. In this case, we'd recommend following the steps in this Spotify Answer to access each account.

Once you've logged in again to your original Spotify account, we'd suggest closing the second one to avoid any mix-ups. You can find the steps to do this in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts