Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account split into two

Solved!

Account split into two

I have seen that many people are having this problem recently. 

I have a spotify premium account. I log in with (lets just say for security purposes) x@mail.com normally. Somehow, my account has been split into 2 separate accounts: x@mail.com and just x. If I log in with x@mail.com, it is the account connect with facebook, but all my music, playlists, and friends don't show up. If I log in with just x, all my playlists are there, but it won't let me connect with facebook because x@mail.com is registered with that facebook account. If I go into the accounts page, x@mail.com is a free account, and x is my normal paid account. They are both using the x@mail.com for the contact email address. 

What is going on? I've looked at others in the forum with the same issue. I didn't want to hijack their thread so I made my own.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Iceborg and Drewb - It sounds like you've both made duplicate accounts and you're logging into these new accounts rather than your original ones. 

Take a look at this other thread for steps on how to get your playlists/ subscriptions back. 

Havetolovemusic - The issue is it seems you've made another account again rather than link your 'havetolovemusic' to your Facebook. 

This time I recommend going through Facebook to make the connection:

1. Log into your Facebook account
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your 'havetolovemusic' username and password

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

rorydaniels - If you could log out and log in with your 'irons_79' username and Spotify password, you'll access your original account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

72 Replies

Richard, if you see this. I have looked at your thread, and have been unsuccessful at getting just the x account to facebook. It says something like "Sorry, you are not able to log in because another account is connected".

Hello,

I've located your main account - "havetolovemusic" - but I couldn't locate the account that is linked to Facebook. In order to get this sorted, we'll need to locate this account. If you wish, I could send you an email so we could deal with this issue over email rather than posting your details on a public forum!

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey this exact same thing has happened to me. I now have two accounts one with premium and one linked to facebook. I really wish to get this sorted out asap because I run a youth group and use spotify for the playlists. Thank you

This samething has happened to me !!!  please help.

TurnerD - I've deleted the duplicate account linked to Facebook. You should be able to get into your original account by using "turner_d" to log in, rather than your email address.

jay - Similar situation with you. Duplicate account has now been deleted. Log in with your "commonwealthbullies" username and not your email address. Should get in right into your old account.
Airhorn Enthusiast

ok trying this now....ill let you know the outcome. thanks

ok Im logged back in.. it says premium @ the top....but still no playlist ?

David thank you a ton! It worked and I am extremly appreciative. This was great quick customer service.

@David wrote:

Hello,

I've located your main account - "havetolovemusic" - but I couldn't locate the account that is linked to Facebook. In order to get this sorted, we'll need to locate this account. If you wish, I could send you an email so we could deal with this issue over email rather than posting your details on a public forum!

David,

Yes, the "havetolovemusic" is the main account. That account is the one on the premium subscription. That account also has all of my playlists. I think I can help you locate it. For the account you have found, the user name is: havetolovemusic. On that account there should be a primary email address. That email address is the user name for the secondary account that was created. This account is the one that says it is free and has my facebook linked to it. Thank you for reviewing my thread. 

bumping back up. Waiting for a mod to look at my last reply.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details--I've now removed this free, duplciate account that was linked to your Facebook account. 

You should now be able to connect your 'havetolovemusic' to your Facebook through your Preferences (edit » Preferences, in Windows or Spotify > Preferences, in Mac). Just scroll to the bottom and press 'Connect to Facebook' to get started.

Alternatively you can do this manually on our website at https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

I tried logging into facebook in the spotify app. I try to sign in, and the box disappears. I tried logging out, logging back in, trying it again and nothing happens. I tried going to the link you provided, resulting in: Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. It still has me sign in with my facebook information, then once I hit sign in it just disappears, and it doesn't change anything.

David, 

I am having the same issue. Playlists have been deleted, etc. Any help would be appreciated. 

Sorry for the threadjack.

-D

Same thing, premium sub gone and playlists too, dont work if I log with facebook or with spotify credentials. And I have paid for that.

Such a buggy application this Spotify.

Two month without any complications, but then on 21th january everything f'cked up. Playlists gone, Subscription gone (i've PAYD!!) and i've wrote to you 5 times and you let me hanging like you don't give da mn sh!t bout your customers.

Why put your energy on helping the single customer? Instead you should put your energy on FIXING this bug and PAYING BACK the money you have STOLEN.

Marked as solution

Iceborg and Drewb - It sounds like you've both made duplicate accounts and you're logging into these new accounts rather than your original ones. 

Take a look at this other thread for steps on how to get your playlists/ subscriptions back. 

Havetolovemusic - The issue is it seems you've made another account again rather than link your 'havetolovemusic' to your Facebook. 

This time I recommend going through Facebook to make the connection:

1. Log into your Facebook account
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your 'havetolovemusic' username and password

Meredith. I did what you said and I am successful. I know that I did not manually create another account. I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but everything seems to be going well so far. Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.

I am having the same problem.  I submitted my request to support (Case #: 260690).  Additionally, I received 2 emails - one prompting me to download Spotify for free (I have been a Premium subscriber for several months) and a second prompting me to try Spotify Premium for another 30 days for free.  I have disconnected my Facebook account from my Spotify login and have disconnected Spotify from my Facebook.  When I try to re-connect Facebook, I receive the error message.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Suggested posts