Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account split into two

Solved!

Account split into two

I have seen that many people are having this problem recently. 

I have a spotify premium account. I log in with (lets just say for security purposes) x@mail.com normally. Somehow, my account has been split into 2 separate accounts: x@mail.com and just x. If I log in with x@mail.com, it is the account connect with facebook, but all my music, playlists, and friends don't show up. If I log in with just x, all my playlists are there, but it won't let me connect with facebook because x@mail.com is registered with that facebook account. If I go into the accounts page, x@mail.com is a free account, and x is my normal paid account. They are both using the x@mail.com for the contact email address. 

What is going on? I've looked at others in the forum with the same issue. I didn't want to hijack their thread so I made my own.

72 Replies

If you could cancel my secondary "facebook" account/trial, I would be very appreciative! Thanks!

I would appreciate if you could cancel my secondary account.  Thanks!

Billyrush & Openintro - I've just cancelled and deleted those second accounts. If you could both log in with your usernames 'openintro' and 'billyrush' and your Spotify passwords, you'll be back in business. You'll be able to relink to Facebook once you're in.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Still getting the issue. I logged out and logged back in. This is what I see when I click Connect o Facebook.

No facebook

Stop the presses. I logged back out and logged in again and it seems to work now! Thanks!

Though the What's New screen seems to be hanging.

Ah, the What's New page. If you could have a look on this page here, David offers some instructions on how to sort it.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-What-s-new-quot-page-isn-t-working/td-p/1079/pa...
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My account is also split in two. They were connected until a couple of days ago, when I started having login problems. Basically what happened was that Spotify couldn't access Facebook (got all sorts of URL errors when trying to log in). Now the two accounts seem to have unlinked themselves, so I can finally log in, but they're now split in two.

When I try to connect the Spotify account using the "Connect Facebook" button, a window loads with an error saying "Error -109 when loading url <URL>". Here's a screenshot

Any ideas?

Hi Martskre-- Thanks for the screenshot, that's quite unusual. 

What I've done is deleted the duplicate account for you. I recommend trying to connect your account directly via the Facebook website:

1. Log into Facebook
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your "martskre" username and password

@meahtenoha wrote:
1. Log into Facebook
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your "martskre" username and password

Thanks, it's back to normal! 🙂

I had to do these steps a couple of times for it to properly work though.

On my first try, the Spotify app just launched directly into my Spotify account and to the What's New page and stopped there. So I quit the app and tried again.

On my second try, I reached the login screen on step 5, and when I logged in using my Spotify account it told me the username and password could not be found. So I quit the app to try one more time.

On my third try I got the same message (something about my user not found) so I just left it there at the login screen and went to type into this forum, when the Spotify app idling at the login screen in the background suddenly logs out and back in by it self, and automatically logs in to my Spotify-Facebook account (the one you had deleted) and started playing the track I launched from Facebook.

From there I was presented with a new log in screen which then had me log in to my Spotify account. Thankfully this time my user was found, and everything is now working properly.

Thanks Sam, worked perfectly, but  .... I have now lost my Eauxemgee forum name...   -.-      any chance of getting that back 🙂

No problem--Eauxemgee has been changed for you!

Same problem here. The "extra account that was created when I set up the Facebook thing is "Heikki Mattila". Could you remove this account and leave the original account "hekemon"?

Hekemon - If you log in with the username 'hekemon' and your Spotify password, you'll access the right account. The duplicate has been deleted, so shouldn't be an issue now.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi again and thanks for swift assistance!

I can access with "hekemon" username but strangely the login name in the PC-application appears as "Heikki Mattila". If I log in on the website or in the symbian application on my cellphone the login name appears as "hekemon".

Also I can't change the "hekemon" account E-mail to be my gmail address, that was assigned to "Heikki Mattila" account, I only get a message saying that this e-mail address is already assigned to different accout.

This is how I originally noticed the second extra account. I'm trying to get rid of my old E-mail address so that's why I want to change it.

Edit: I think the login name on PC-app might be "Heikki Mattila" because it's my name on Facebook. Nevertheless I still can't change my E-mail address to the gmail one.

Sam, thanks for fixing my account.  Everything is now working just fine.

Same problem, please could you delete this facebook account so I can reconnect it to my true account (which is oninjao)

Iwashacked - Just deleted that Facebook created account for you. You should now be able to reconnect.

Let me know how you get on.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem as everyone else, tried it for several months, until I recently (10 minutes ago) cancelled my subscription. I tried to do it for both my accounts ( the original and the duplicate) and I think I succeded. Could you please delete my duplicate number: 1110006968 (original name: gyrot) and I'll premium this otherwise boss-like program of yours right away! Thx

Gyrot - Welcome to the Community! Just deleted that account with the username '1110006968' for you, so you're free to use that 'Gyrot' account as you wish.

Enjoy.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Another problem concerning usernames: I can't buy tracks because the username in password confirmation popup dialogue is hekemon[AT]gmail.com and my password won't work. Signing in to Spotify account on the webpage with just hekemon-username works just fine.

Suggested posts