Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Acoount linked to wrong Facebook-account

Acoount linked to wrong Facebook-account

I have my own personal Spotify-account, and I have opened a Spotify account for the company I work for.

Somehow the companys account got linked to my personal facebook account, so now that acoount shows my personal profile picture and name. I NEED TO GET THAT REMOVED.

I have removed the link to Facebook, but the name and picture remains.

I have tried everything, read the community sites for days, and even tried mailing Spotify twice, but no help. I just get an answer from a no-reply mail that tells me to look for answers here. 

All I can find here is that there is no way to change the profile picture or the name. But I am sure Spotify have some ways to fix this!?

Or else I will have to delete the companys account, but that is not a good option, because a lot of our readers/customers know our profile, and want to follow us here to see what kinds of playlists we make.

Please help. The companys account should not have anyting to do with my name and is not supposed to have that profile picture.

14 Replies

What is the username of the company account and how long ago did you disconnect?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The username is Kamillenorge, and I think I disconnected the Facebook link about three weeks ago.

I can confirm the account "Kamillenorge" is not linked to a Facebook account. My guess is your client is just displaying old data.

Might be worth a re-install:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

I have now tried to re-install Spotify. Still no luck, the account still shows my (heddabjeren) account name and picture.

Does it show correctly on the web player?

https://play.spotify.com/user/Kamillenorge

Peter

It shows my personal name and picture everywhere, even though I of course log in with the comapnys username.

I am very frustrated over this, I think it is very arrogant of Spotify to not help me with this, and to make it so difficult for the users to change these things. Feels like I have no other choice than to delete the acoount, and that is not good for me, due to the fact that we as a company has shared the profile name with our customers.

Actually, on the link you have there, the name is correct and it has no picture. Also, all of the playlists and followers are gone there.

But even though I am logged in as the companys name, I still see my personal name and picture on the profile to the left.  

(See the attached pic.)

spotify.JPG

When looking at that attached pic, I don't see any personal picture and I see the name as Kamillenorge. No playlists.

The fact you aren't able to see any playlists is a red flag that you aren't logged into the account Kamillenorge. Can you try logging out and back in again making sure you enter that username?

Peter

I am logged in as Kamillenorge, and as you can see to the left, my personal picture and name is there. I have logged in and out many, many times.

I am logged in as Kamillenorge, not Hedda, but as you can see down to the left, my personal picture and name is there.

This is what I see when I am logged in to Kamillenorge. It looks like I am logged in to Hedda, wich is exactly my point and problem. And yes, I am 100% sure that I am logged in to Kamillenorge. i have logged in and out a million times.

Skjermbildespotify2.JPG

Hi there welcome to the community 🙂

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have done that as well. No answers.

Suggested posts