Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ad after every song

Ad after every song

I’m getting between one and 3 ads after every song on free account
15 Replies

Hey, @Oneofmykind 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Considering this isn't an expected behavior, could you try to log out and then log into your account back? If it doesn't help, you can try to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone, please? You can find more information about this process here.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HEY IM ALSO HAVING THIS PROBLEM TOO WHENEVER I PLAY EVERY 1 SONG AND WANTED TO CHANGE IT IT KEEPS PLAYING AN AD **bleep** 

Hey @Starrey,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device from previous updates. In case you haven't tried before, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I already reinstall but it still somehow plays ad every 2-4 songs im playing what do i do?

Hi there @Starrey,

Thanks for the post.

Next time an ad comes up, keep the ad in focus for the duration, and don't skip it or minimize the Spotify app. Let us know if you keep getting ads so frequently after that.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

i already did that but it still playing ads every 1 song now 

Hey @Starrey

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device and check if they can replicate this behavior with their account? 

On another note, would you mind checking if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? If this happens only on a specific device, sending us its exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i asked them, but it didnt happened to them but only me and it does not just happen in my phone but also my ipad

Hey @Starrey,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you prepare a short screen recording of your actions when getting the consecutive ads? You can upload the video on Google Drive or YoutTube.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey @Starrey,

Thanks for the video.

Could you change the privacy settings to "anyone with link" so we can open the recording?

Cheers!

DianModerator

okay! just did

Hi @Starrey,

Thank you for all your cooperation thus far. We will forward this information to the appropriate team so that it can be investigated, but to that end we'll need the following info:

• The exact model of your iPhone and the iOS version you use
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • On what date roughly did this first happen?

And to any other users who come across this thread and have the same issue, please provide us this same info too so that we can have as much data to pull from as possible.

Thanks in advance!

JoanModerator

I'm.so sick of **bleep** Spotify!

Getting ads every single song!!!

I want to put my head thru the wall!

You money grabbing idiots!!!!!!

I am hearing that Uber Carshare ad with its honking car horns so often it feels like its after EVERY song. Even if its after every TWO songs it's too much and I want to find some other radio station that can do better.

Suggested posts