Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding My Name to My Account

Solved!

Adding My Name to My Account

I'm trying to figure out how to make my actual name, instead of my user name, show on my Spotify account. I don't have a Facebook, so I can't link my account to Facebook and get my  name that way. Is there some other way to put my name on my account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello lyddle18,

unfortunately there is no possibility to display your real name at your Spotify application or your desktop. The name which is shown there is always your username, you typed in at your registration. To change it later is also not possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello lyddle18,

unfortunately there is no possibility to display your real name at your Spotify application or your desktop. The name which is shown there is always your username, you typed in at your registration. To change it later is also not possible.

I love how this says "Solved".  It is not solved, rather it is and remains unsolved.  I moved to Spotify becuase my daughter wanted me to.  I am getting very frusterated with the lack of improvements and lack of functionality updates.  Starting to think they are basking in the fact they have a big userbase and don't feel the pressure to innovate.  Of course Wordperfect, Novell, Lotus 1-2-3, and many others have done this in the past.  It eventually caught up with all them and it will with Spotify too.

Suggested posts