Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android App language change

Android App language change

Premium

Android

My Question or Issue

I can't change my app's language, just if I change my device's language as well. Why? Why do I have to use the same language? I prefer to use apps in English, I want to share Spotify content in English to my English speaking friends. But no, that is not an option. I can change my desktop app to English, but that one has different content (no Wrapped, no news etc). Why can't both desktop and android have the same content and options, and functions?

4 Replies

Hey @nadyeszti

Unfortunately currently it isn't possible to change the language on the mobile app without changing the language settings of your Android phone. You can do this on the desktop version of the app though.

Sometimes features are missing temporarily for example if something isnt working right but whether that's the case with this specific issue of chaning the language in the app is not clear. However, Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. Hopefully the feature to change the language in the Android app will be added in the future.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

it seems this is a repeatedly reported problem but Spotify doesn't care, for example https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Mobile-Other-Let-users-choose-the-app-language-instead... "We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization."

Can't change my langue to English. Only way to select English is selecting it as main used phone language. But I only want Spotify to be in English, not my phone. (Since the German translation is just awful) German is selectable even though my system language is set to English. Please fix this, until then my Spotify permium will inactive.

+1. this is long overdue.

Suggested posts