Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android: Can't Login, no error message

Solved!

Android: Can't Login, no error message

Hi,

I'm trying to log in into my Spotify in my Android phone, but I couldn't. I reset my password, and able to succesfully login to Spotify via Chrome. However, when I tried loggin in using Spotify app, I couldn't log in and there was no error message at all. I also tried in my Android tablet, but with the same result. Both are running Android 7.1

Please help me somehow.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for all te replies and the information!

For anyone that's using the Spotify Free service from a different country where your account was set up, remember that it'll work for up to 14 days while you're abroad.

If you've moved to a country where Spotify is available, you can just follow these steps to update your account's country and continue using it as usual. However, if you're in a country where Spotify isn't available, you won't be able to use the service until you go back to the country your account is set to.

If anyone is rocking Spotify Premium, and you're still having this issue, let me know since traveling with Premium shouldn't have any restrictions.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey @stef_steph, welcome to the community!

Are you getting any error messages when logging in to your Spotify account? Also, are you able to log in using a desktop or a different device other than the tablet and phone?

In the meantime, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it behaves the same.

in case that your Spotify account was created via Facebook, you'll need to log in by touching the blue "Log in with Facebook" button, not by typing your facebook log in details in the app's log in screen.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi,

I've told you, I didn't get any message at all. Not even an error message.
I don't use my FB account to log in.

I've tried reinstalling twice in both my phone & tablet. No error at all
when logging in web one, but I haven't tried the desktop app.

Thanks.

No worries!

Could you post a screenshot of what you see on your end when you try to log into Spotify? Make sure you hide any personal information, like your email address.

In the meantime, do you have a different mobile device you could try using to see if it behaves the same? Also, is this happening via WiFi or 3/4G?

Keep me in the loop.

I tried using mobile data (LTE speed), home WIFI, and office WIFI, & all
are the same. I've made sure that the internet is working properly prior to
logging in into Spotify app.

When I press the "Login" button, the label correctly changed into "Logging
In...", but after 1 second, it turns back to "Login", without any message
at all.

When I tried with incorrect password, it correctly shows error message
saying "Your email and password combination does not match a Spotify
account. Please try again".

I couldn't take a screenshot because the Android OS said "Taking
screenshots is not allowed by the app or your organization".

That's odd.

Just to confirm, when you said you can log in through the browser, did you mean to your Account page, or the web player?

Give it a shot both ways and let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

I can login to both web player and my account page using browser on my
Windows PC.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Are you currently rocking Spotify Premium or Free?

In the meantime, do you have any apps installed on your phone and tablet that could be interfering with Spotify (e.g. antivirus or firewalls)? If so, try disabling them or adding Spotify as an exeption to see if it helps.

I'd also suggest checking if there are an active VPN or proxy that could be affecting the Spotify app.

Cheers.

I'm using Spotify free.

I do have an antivirus on my phone, but I've checked the log and there was
no mention of blocked connection / app.

Spotify app was working normally before, but suddenly I got this login
problem. So I don't think that an externall app was interfering with it.

I also have the exact same issue. 

I think it started after the last app update but I'm not completely sure.

Following the discussion hoping for a quick solution! 

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem!! I already have it for a month now.

Did you find a solution? 

Flo Mertens 

Me too, it seems that this is due to a an app update. Hoping this could be fixed with another update. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the replies.

Since this looks to be affecting many more users, please let me know the following details:

• Your device's make and model.
  • OS version.
  • Spotify version.
  • Around when did you notice this behaviour.
  • What country you're using Spotify from, and the country your Spotify account is set to.

Keep me in the loop.

Hi

Thank you for responding

I have a samsung J5 but I had the same problem with my Samsung A5
Spotify version is 8.4.49.462.
I am using spotify in Vietnam right now but my account was set up in Belgium (home country).
I experienced the problem 1-2 months ago.

Hopefully the problem can be fixed quickly. It's sad to not be able to listen to my music while travelling. And I was just about to go for the premium account.

Hello,

Thanks god I'm not alone! I have been experiencing the exact same issue since last week and it's very frustrating! 

I have a HTC One Max and HTC One X10 with the latest Android and spotify version. The app doesn't work on both phones unfortunately so I don't think it's a phone issue.

I travelled from Australia to Hong Kong three weeks ago, then travel from Hong Kong to Singapore. Seems like the app is not working since last (two) week(s) or so. 

Thanks!

Eric 

I have exactly the same issue and fruitlessly tried the same remedies. I have a Samsung A5 and I am using the latest version as I downloaded it (again) 4 days ago when I reinstalled the app after having it de-installed iot fix the problem. The software on the mobile is up to date. As I can not log in into the app I can not give a version number.

Device 1: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual, Android 7.1.1
Device 2: Fujitsu F-02K, Android 7.1.1

Spotify version: 8.4.49.462

I think the problem started since an update of Spotify app, about a month ago. My account is set to US, while I'm using it from Japan.

I upgraded to premium and problem was solved. I was previously on premium
and then when my subscription ended I decided to discontinue it. When I
tried to log in this week it won't let me. I think you should try it once.
Marked as solution

Thanks for all te replies and the information!

For anyone that's using the Spotify Free service from a different country where your account was set up, remember that it'll work for up to 14 days while you're abroad.

If you've moved to a country where Spotify is available, you can just follow these steps to update your account's country and continue using it as usual. However, if you're in a country where Spotify isn't available, you won't be able to use the service until you go back to the country your account is set to.

If anyone is rocking Spotify Premium, and you're still having this issue, let me know since traveling with Premium shouldn't have any restrictions.

All the best.

Hi

I upgraded to spotify premium and this solved the problem!

Thank you

Suggested posts