Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android - Login while "offline"

Android - Login while "offline"

I opened my spotify app today on my Android phone to find that I was no longer logged in. When entering the correct username/password, a message appears saying that I need to have Spotify "online" to login, but Spotify does not give me the ability to change online/offline while logged out. I have tried force-closing the app and rebooting my phone. Nothing seems to help.

I have seen other posts about this issue for people, and the typical response is to re-install and re-do all settings and downloads. I find this to be highly frustrating.

I would think by now that Spotify would include in the login process to "bypass" the online/offline status, as that status only really matters to streaming content.

I have had friends recommend other streaming services to me recently. I think I may have to give some serious thought to this since Spotify seems to choose to not provide a real solution to this problem. It has been how many years that we could go "offline" and there is still no provision for re-authenticating???

0 Replies

Suggested posts