Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Appkey request

Solved!

Appkey request

Hi,

I filled the form yesterday to get an App Key here (https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/application-keys/).

I have the feeling that i'm doing it wrong ou missing something because the only return I had was the copy of the form send to my email account.

For information, it's to setup a spotify-connect-web-server on a Raspberry Pi with OSMC.

I would like to know how and when I would be able to recover the key :).

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally received the appkey by email. 

So, the answer to my initial question is :

after filling the google form, wait about a week and you will receive the key by email.

bye

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Zizouille,

Check out this page for developer support: https://developer.spotify.com/support/

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you Maxim for your response.

It's this page that leaded me here 🙂

In fact, I can't find anything concerning the delivery of AppKey in this support. (except the fact that the retrieval service has been deprecated and for now the request form is a google form...)

An679Vl

It's for non-developer support - I can't really help you with developer stuff 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I saw some topics dealing with the appkey here.
I was hoping that someone here could give me informations on the delivery process of it.

(it's not a technical stuff, I'm no developer myself, I'm just following an Howto)

I recommend reaching out to one of the Spotify Developer Support channels 🙂 Maybe they can help you with this!

MaximSpotify Star

Hi,

did you manage to get RPi working with spotify connect? i would like to run it on raspbian.

and did you manage to get the application key?

thanks, Bence

Hello,

Sadly I never received the application key despite my many requests.
I tried to ask on a developper channel and no response either.

I suppose that de delivery system is broken and the support is nonexistent, it's a pity.

If I have anything concerning this I will let you know.

For now, maybe you can check this : https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/exagear-desktop-features-and-prices/
It's a software that can run x86 applications on ARM devices. So you would be able to install the linux version of Spotify and benefit of the spotify connect.

The only trouble is the fact that it cost 24.95€, almost the price of the Pi itself ^^

Good luck 🙂

Marked as solution

after filling the google form, wait about a week and you will receive the key by email.

bye

So did you get spotify to work on the Pi? Im on a brand new osmc installation and would like my legit spotify on there...

@Zizouille wrote:

bye

Hello

Can you please post the link to this Google form?

Thank you!

Suggested posts