Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist page claiming issues

Artist page claiming issues

Hey everyone. 

I am session singer, and I have sold vocals to many producers which released them on spotify with my name. The situation right now is that there are a bunch of artist pages with my name (inbal), no picture, and each artist page is linked to a few other songs I did. What I want to do is have one artist page which I can access, change the pic and have some control of. 

I've tried claiming one of them through the form, with no luck. 

I contacted spotify and their response was that I should contact the distributers.

But - where am I supposed to tell the distributers to link this to if I don't even have one artist page in my control? 

Once they allow me to claim an artist page, then I can start contacting all the different producers and try to link all the songs there. 

Anyway, this is a mess and spotify customer support isn't being very helpfull. does anyone have any advice for me?

Thank you!

Inbal

6 Replies

My best suggestion is to choose one of the pages to direct all the music to and give the URI (which you can find through right in settings on the artist page) to all the distributors). In future I'd recommend using a online distributor like RouteNote to make the whole proccess less chaotic, which also allows you to work as an independent artist if that is what you would like. Once you have that you can request/apply for a spotify for artists account through the spotify for artists app or website! Once you have that secured you can edit the artist profile all you'd like as well as getting updates on your music's stats/streams!

Thank you so much for your time! I did indeed try to choose one page (that already has a few songs connected to it), and claim it . However spotify did not accept that request to claim the artist page.. I don't know how to confirm my identity so that they will allow me to access that page! 

Thank you again

I'd try going on to your non-artist spotify and getting the URI from there? After that instead try sending it to the distributors to correct. Until it's all sorted I would wait to claim the page.

Hey, so sorry but I still don't know even if all of my songs and up on the same URI (most of them are on the same one, only 2 or 3 are scattered in others), how do I gain access to it if spotify won't let me claim it? 

They may let you claim it once the problem is sorted!

I'd recommend sending the URIs of all the misplaced songs along with the URI of the main profile. Once you have that sorted they may approve you, otherwise I'd say to contact support directly?

One other option is seeing if one of the distrutors can claim it and add you? It would be more complicated but may still work. 

[Moderator edit]

Also you can get the URI of any artist page or song on Spotify on desktop using your normal membership!

Suggested posts