Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being charged for Family Plan AND Premium

Being charged for Family Plan AND Premium

I upgraded my Premium Plan to the Family Plan a few months ago, and added my husband as a second account. He also had the Premium Plan at that time. Since then, I have been charged for the Family Plan, but he is ALSO being charged for the Premium! How do we fix this, and get a refund for the duplicate charges?

3 Replies

Hi there @aw05se!

Can you have him log into his account and go to see his status under www.spotify.com/account ? Also, please check with him and see if he has an account with a facebook login as well.

It's very possible that he may have a duplicate account that is being charged as Spotify stops the billing once you convert to a Family Premium account. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for replying! He does not have an account with a facebook login, and currently his account is showing "Spotify Premium". I don't believe the billing was ever stopped, so there are duplicate accounts.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Good Info! Thanks for answering. At this point, I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts