Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CAPTCHA and Facebook profile data processing

CAPTCHA and Facebook profile data processing

A CAPTCHA when I login using a VALID USERNAME / PASSWORD combo?

AND I login from the SAME IP where I do 50% of my listening, is that a good customer experience?

AND after I am logged in, and request to download my private data, you ONCE AGAIN come up with the “I’m not a robot” BS.

I just wanted to checkup on some stuff in my settings and I learned that YOU “opted me in” for processing of Facebook data.

Well, I did NEVER opt in, myself. So I would like to know where and when you got my explicit consent for processing Facebook data?

And how do you technically go about processing my Facebook data, when I haven’t had a Facebook account for around 10 months?

And did you ever have any insight to my old Facebook account? I don’t recall ever having given any such consent either.

And how do I get in direct contact with Spotify, obviously, I don't want to divulge my real identity on a public forum.

1 Reply

Hey @0x_zn79-6656w, thanks for writing.

If your Spotify account was linked to a Facebook profile at any point, only the information granted to Spotify when you first connected them, or if you created your Spotify account altogether with a Facebook profile.

Although you are automatically opted in to Spotify processing your Facebook data, you can also opt out of this anytime. There's additional info on how to do it on our Support page.

In case you're not currently using a Spotify account that's linked to Facebook, it's possible that you might have more than one Spotify account associated to you. If you'd like, there's some tips on how to locate additional Spotify accounts on this page.

Remember that you can always visit Spotify's Privacy Center at any time from this link.

In regards to your inquiry about the CAPTCHA verification process, it's possible that the IP of the device in which you use Spotify is dynamic, which gives it the attribute of changing over time. Due to this, our verification system needs to ensure that it's actually you who's accessing your Spotify account (and not a bot), which requires a CAPTCHA response from your end.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Suggested posts