Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can Spotify delete my old account with embarrassing playlists if I don't have the password or email

Can Spotify delete my old account with embarrassing playlists if I don't have the password or email

I made a Spotify account a few years ago. I then logged out of that and made a new account. All the playlists on that old account is still public and I wish the whole account would be deleted as it’s embarrassing and is inactive. I’ve tried logging in with the username that appears on the profile of the account and I’ve tried my current email and neither have worked. Is there a way Spotify is able to delete the account or is there a way I am able to do it? But I don't know the linked email.

1 Reply

Hi there @BrookeHew,

Thanks for reaching out. We've moved your post here where we can assist you.

Spotify cannot close an account without you initiating this yourself. To do so, you'll need access to your account. First, try following the steps provided here, here and here. Hopefully this way, you'll be able to regain access. If you do, then you can just close the account yourself and this will also delete any playlists created from that account. 

If none of this works,you can reach out to our support team and they will gladly assist you further in regaining access. When doing so, make sure to have any and all payment and account info you have on hand, as those will be necessary for search and verification.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts