Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS 13.4, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am only able to log in to Spotify desktop app, website, or iOS app using Facebook authentication, not using the username/email and password. I have reset my password multiple times and it still does not work. It says that my username/email or password is incorrect.

I have tried logging out of all devices, resetting my password, and trying on multiple devices.

1 Reply

Hey @scwilbanks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If you successfully performed a Spotify password reset and the system won't recognize the new password as associated with your account but it'll still allow you to log in through your Facebook, you might have another Spotify account (not created through Facebook) with the same email address as your Facebook one. This would likely cause the type of scenario you reported.

For further help regarding how this should be handled, feel free to get in touch with our folks in the Support team since they have the right tools for this. You can do this by following the steps here in the section called Write to us

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts