Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Login or Reset Password or Register With my Email Address

Can't Login or Reset Password or Register With my Email Address

I got a new computer and installed Spotify after a long time of not using it on my previous computer... but there's a problem now.

I can't log in with any known information... every password I could possibly use is invalid. "The Username or Password is Incorrect Error Code 3"

So I go to reset my password, and I get "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account. "

...okay

So I go to register under that email address, and I get "We're sorry, that e-mail is taken."

😐

I go check my email for any previous password reset emails and none of them work. I straight up cannot use my account, or the email address associated with it.

Can anyone help, please?

8 Replies

Hey @LowResAtari, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try resetting your password here using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, please check your spam/junk filters for any password reset requests from Spotify.

If you're still having issues, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Please let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.png

Went and tried everything in incognito mode. No dice. Went ahead and screenshotted all of my attempts, blanking out my email address and other snippets of private info.

And in case it becomes a question:

Yes, I've tried to log in with the account name as well.

No, I've never had the account associated with a Facebook account because I don't have one.

I cant loggin to my account and I would like to cancel.

I do not have the email account that it is attached to.

What can I do to cancle this or maybe just change the email?

Thank you

Patty

Hey @22kobqsnqdiq4sc, and @LowResAtari.

Thanks for the reply!

recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the exact problem.

Didn't realize that Spoitfy reseted my password until today when I was trying to log in and it returned error message, although I was 100% sure with my password.

Tried to create a new account with the old email but Spotify said the email is already taken.

This kinda f'ed up since I have saved a looottt of songs. 😞

Hey @sanamabeach.

For your issue, please start up a new thread so that the community can help further and isolate this to resolve it 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

My email and password don't work, yet spotify is still charging me. I can't reset password since Spotify doesn't recognize my password. I have two email accounts and tried both, neither work. In order to send a message to spotify's help Chat you have to login to your account, which of course I can't do LOL. They have no other way of contacting any help services and no options in the Support/Help section of their site. I pay for their service through Google play, which shows that Spotify just charged me for another month of service. It's tied to google and my gmail. How is it possible that Spotify DOESN'T RECOGNIZE MY EMAIL?

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble with your account.

It's most likely that your original account has been disabled due to some suspicious activity, and that's why you're not able to log in or reset your password. I'd recommend you create a free account and reach out to our customer support team through one of the channels here. Using your payment information or email, they can locate your original account and help you regain access.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts