Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add family member after changing address

Solved!

Can't add family member after changing address

As we had relocated to a new country I wanted to change the country on mine and my wife's account.

Changing the details on mine was easy. Changing the details on my wife's account on the other hand is an ongoing nightmare.

As we had a family plan I wasn't able to change the addresson her account, and following the advise here from others with the same problem here in the community I saw that I had to remove her from the family plan, change her details and then add her again.

Now she has a free plan, and when she tries to accept the invite to join my family plan she get an error saying: 

Premium for Family - Redeem
Sorry! We cannot join you to Premium for Family since you have subscribed to Spotify Premium from another store (e.g. iTunes or your mobile operator). Find out more below.

Then there is a link to a webpage that don't provide any help on the topic.

What to do now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So we tried different laptops, iphone, ipod, browsers, incognito tabs...nothing worked. In the end even support gave up and told us to create a new account for my wife and send an invite to that account, and then contact support again to have them transfer her music from the old to the new account.

And it worked!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Same issue here, since I've changed my country in the profile I can't join a family plan anymore 😞

It gives the same wrong message but of course it's not right, I have no premium plan on the account, just free.

Please help.

Marked as solution

So we tried different laptops, iphone, ipod, browsers, incognito tabs...nothing worked. In the end even support gave up and told us to create a new account for my wife and send an invite to that account, and then contact support again to have them transfer her music from the old to the new account.

And it worked!

Suggested posts