Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change Account to Premium Student

Solved!

Can't change Account to Premium Student

Hi,

i was using Spotify for 2 Months with student discount until it gets Free without i've done anything.

Now i try to upgrade it again but it only says: "This Type of change is not supported".

The Support is not responding for two weeks.

Could you help me?

Thx

P.S. Sry for my bad English, i'm from Germany.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stereu-de it sounds like you might have two accounts with us. 

Could you answer the questions on this page to sort out which steps to take? Please let us know if this helps solve your problem. Thanks!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpFlow-Account

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx for your reply. I tryed that a week before but nothing has happened 😕

@stereu-de

I'll see if I can get this looked into. Hopefully you'll have a reply soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey @stereu-de it sounds like you might have two accounts with us. 

Could you answer the questions on this page to sort out which steps to take? Please let us know if this helps solve your problem. Thanks!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpFlow-Account

I answered the questions. It says that i has to contact the support to solve my problem

Thanks @stereu-de that final step links you to the contact form if that's what it suggests. 

I wrote a message with the contact form... No response yet and ongoing problem to upgrade my account.

@stereu-de

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Solved! The Support fixed it. Thank you all for help!

Suggested posts