Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country in my account

Can't change country in my account

I have a spotify premium account. I moved from the US to Taiwan, but I can't change my country.

I have verified that my IP Address is in Taiwan (I have inspected the dropdown HTML, and Taiwan is a given option, but the dropdown is disabled). I have also tried updating my payment information to my Taiwan debit card, but I get an error saying that my ZIP code is not valid in my account's country. Of course it's not valid in my account's country. The whole reason why I'm trying to update my payment information is to update my account country. This seems like a huge catch 22. In the meantime, I have cancelled Spotify Premium to see if it makes a difference, but I run into the exact same issues.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.21.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.21.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 5.26.10 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @robertn702!

It's not cool that this happens. You should be able to update the country after entering the payment details from Taiwan. To verify that your card meets the requirements, check the info in here.

If you still have a hard time, the support team can give you a hand. You can reach them on Facebook or Twitter at @SpotifyCares or via email here.

Take care!

Suggested posts