Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country, only 1 option

Solved!

Can't change country, only 1 option

Hi,

I travelled from France to South Korea and I can't seem to be able to change my country in my account settings. The only option in the drop down menu is "France", although I have a South Korean IP address (Screenshots attached).

I have a free account, what can I do to change my country to South Korea?

Thanks.

FR.png
korea.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Very! Although it's not causing any concern at the moment it might be worth reaching out to Spotify Care for some technical support. You can find them through this contact form, their facebook or twitter
If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

HI @Keishee thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

Here's a couple of things that might help you out. If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries. You can do that on this page.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Hi @Bearfootrecords, thanks for your reply.

I didn't register with my Facebook account unfortunately..

I don't have a premium account either.

Bit of an odd one that, have you tried logging in and out of the app? It might be worth trying that and/or reinstalling the software, maybe try logging in with a different browser in incognito mode (clearing your cache would have the same effect). 

I tried reinstalling the app, switching to incognito mode and switching from Chrome to Edge. Still no luck, the only country I get in the menu is France.

This is weird.

Marked as solution

Very! Although it's not causing any concern at the moment it might be worth reaching out to Spotify Care for some technical support. You can find them through this contact form, their facebook or twitter
If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

I submitted a ticket 3 days ago, waiting for an answer now. Thank you for your help!

Suggested posts