Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country setting - help

Can't change country setting - help

I initially got my Spotify account when I was still living in Germany, but have successfully used an American payment method since moving to the States. I now went back to Germany for a visit and ever since returning from that visit, Spotify won't accept my American debit card as a payment method. I have an American IP address, so I really don't understand why it thinks I am still in Germany. It doesn't let me change my country setting either.

5 Replies

Hey there!

If you want to change the country payment method, take a look at these instructions HERE. If you follow these steps, you should be good!

Let me know how it goes and feel free to reply to me if you need any further help. 😄

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

The issue is that it wants me to use a German payment method, which I don't have. Ive used my American debit card successfully for over a year until my recent stay in Germany. I just need someone from Spotify to actually change my country to the United States since I'm not able to do it myself.

Hey again! 

Did you follow the instructions that I gave in my last reply? If not, they should help you to change your country settings for payments!

Let me know how it goes! 😄

Yes I did follow your instructions, but I doesn't let me change the country. Nothing happens if I click on the little arrow button or the country.

Hey!

Well, if you can't change your settings though Premium way, try the other way mentioned on this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Suggested posts