Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change the country and use the gift card

Can't change the country and use the gift card

I moved from Poland to Sweden and bought a gift card to pay for Spotify. When I tried to use it it said, that the card comes from a different country, since the country in my profile is Poland. But when I go to account settings I cannot change the country (it is greyed out). According to the official instruction (https://support.spotify.com/au/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/) it should be possible to do it, but in fact I cannot. I am trying to change the country while connected to the Swedish network.

spotify_country.png
6 Replies

Hey @stoptherock1,

Have you updated your payment method and billing address yet? If so, the new payment method and country settings be in effect from your next payment date.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't want to update the payment method. I want to use a gift card, which I bought in Sweden. Moreover, I don't have any swedish bank card, which I can use in internet.

If you're a Premium user at the moment and would like to change your country, you'll have to update your payment method and billing address.

MaximSpotify Star

Ok, mate. Thanks for the info.
I don't know, whose idea it was, but it is stupid as **bleep**.

The only way now is to create a new account. Bravo to the service designers.

You don't need to cancel your subscription, you could just cancel your current subscription and wait until your account reverts back to Free so you can change your account's country setting without having to update payment method and billing address.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi ,

I have same issue. I want to use my gift card I started using it in Poland and now I live in Portugal. I can't change country. If I will update my payment method I understand that the money will be taken from the account only after I will use money from my gift card right?

Suggested posts