Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find date of account subscription

Solved!

Can't find date of account subscription

Maybe I'm missing something out but I can't find anywhere the exact date of my Spotify account subscription. I think my 6-months period is ending right now but I'd like to know exactly when this happens... but I can't. My account page only says "You're using Spotify Free" without any dates and I can't find any account-activation e-mail so... well I don't know what I am missing out.

Any feedback on this? Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you want to know when your account started, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will be able to tell you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

If you're on Spotify free then you have no paid subscription. If you did have a paid subscription, then it has already run out.

Normally you would see something like this in your Subscription Overview if you had a paid subscription:

spotify_sub.PNG

Do you live in a region where after 6 months of free, there is an 2.5 weekly restriction on music (With a rollover effect of 10 hours a month)?

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

@Jonahman10 wrote:

Do you live in a region where after 6 months of free, there is an 2.5 weekly restriction on music (With a rollover effect of 10 hours a month)?

The only place that doesn't have that is the US.

In which case, there is no way of knowing when it ends.

Marked as solution

If you want to know when your account started, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will be able to tell you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Thanks I'll try the contact form.

@Joe everyone gets an automated response.

If it tells you to come to the community, reply to it.

Liam

Are there automated responses which don't send you back to the community then? What do they say @Liam ?

I got answered by Spotify Support and I got the exact information I was searching for. The reply was the following:

----

Hello there and a warm welcome.
Thank you for getting in touch.
The date your account was started was 2013-02-25 at 11:33 am CET.
If I or a member of the Spotify team can be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

----

Thank you for the idea of using the online form.

Awesome, so are you taking a subscription out this month ?

Yes I'll probably upgrade to Unlimited from September 1st: 10 hours per month is not a practicable way since I constantly need background music at my office... not speaking about all the times I use Spotify Radio at home (I have exactly 0 .mp3 files on my PC) and that makes more than 200 hours per month! 4,99€ per month is a good deal.

Totally agree with you - Spotify is great value.

Suggested posts