Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find email Spotify account is linked to

Can't find email Spotify account is linked to

For some reason I had to log out and log back into my Spotify account on my iPhone device and forgot my password. I have tried password reset but no emails go to any of my email addresses (I have been checking the spam and all folders for this) so I think my Spotify account might be linked to an outdated email address I no longer have access to. How do I figure out what email address it is and change this? I have my username and have the monthly order for my Premium account. 

7 Replies

Hey @loira29,

Welcome to the community!

First up, can you try logging into your account using the username and password associated with your account? Once, you've logged in, you can check which email is associated with your account on  your account page, then you can change the email associated with your account by following these steps.

If that dosn't work, I'd recommend taking a look at the "Finding accounts" support article.

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I do not know my password, that is the only reason I am having trouble in the first place. I have used the "finding accounts" support article but all of the instructions do not help as I cannot get a new password to an email I don't have access to, I did not log in via facebook, and I only was logged in through an iOS device not an android or desktop so I cannot find it from information stored in my device. I can't seem to find a contact form to change or access the email linked to my account. 

Hey @loira29,

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify support team using the anonymous online contact formThey'll be able to take a look at your issue, and you'll hear from them shortly.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the anonymous contact form so that the username and custom email field will show up. This is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thank you so much! 

Hey @loira29,

You're welcome! Just give me a shout if you need a hand with anything else 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

I had the exact same issue so I contacted Spotify support - I got to a page where you can chat with an agent and explained the problem, and they first found out which email I had connected to the account I was logged out of. I deleted that email years ago so I couldn't use it to reset my password,  but the agent was able to link the account I was logged out of to my current email address so that I can log in that way. Only took about 20 minutes for the problem to be solved and now I have full access to the account. I think this is the only way to fix it without having to make a new account, so I highly recommend!!

Hey there @mayakrainc,

Thanks for sharing this - glad to hear that our support teams were able to resolve this for you so promptly!

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with here in the Community. We'll be happy to lend a hand!

In the meanwhile, enjoy your tunes and have a lovely day 🎶

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts