Can't log into Spotify mobile app because it says I'm offline

Plan

Free

Country

Nigeria

Device

Gionee S11 lite (Android) 

My Question or Issue

I am unable to log in the Spotify mobile app. After each failed attempt I get the error message that says I'm offline. I have tried logging in through Facebook, using my username and password and using my email and password. I have also tried the solutions that were posted on similar threads but none of them have worked for me. I have also tried to login through the link that is sent via email but that also failed. I am able to log into the Spotify web player and Spotify desktop app without any issues. I only have this problem when trying to log into the mobile app on my phone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times and it is updated to the latest version.

9 Replies

Hi there @Dunitrix77,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know if  this occurs while being on both Wi-Fi and mobile data?

We also suggest that you double check so that you have Spotify allowed by heading to: Settings > apps > All apps > Spotify and then enable mobile data & Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi > mobile connection and background data.

Let us know how it goes. Have a great continued Friday and weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for the reply.

It occurs on both WiFi and mobile data.

I also double checked my settings and made sure Spotify is allowed but I'm still getting the same error.

Hey @Dunitrix77,

Thanks for sharing the results of the proposed steps with us.

Could you also check if the Spotify app on your phone is set to offline mode as described here

If that is not the case, could you show us a screenshot of the error you're getting as you try to login?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Having exactly the same problem: "You're offline Check your connection and try again OK" NO other options, buttons, menus, info, or anything, on ANYY  WiFi and mobile data, ALL other apps, etc (including this on line forum) working just fine... Been paying for Spotify for years, but rarely use it because it never works correctly or consistently, even after re installing, etc, etc, etc! This is just the latest. At least I won't get frustrated trying to use it if I can't even open it!  (Moto G Power running android 11)

Hey there @4jmp,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this is happening.

Can you let us know if you're using an SD card with your phone?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this issue as well with my Pixel 2. I've tried restarting and connecting and disconnecting from Wifi. The app info on the Pixel doesn't reference and it's still not working. The app settings on the Pixel doesn't have any reference to Wifi or connection permissions with Spotify (as I've seen as a solution for some Iphones or Samsung).

Anybody solve this problem with a Pixel?

Hi folks,

Here are a couple of things you can try out if you're still getting this error message when attempting to log in:

• Clear your password from the field, then re-enter it,
  • Clear the app's cache and data.
  • If you're using an SD card, remove it and reboot your phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a new phone IPhone 13 and I cannot log in, it says you are offline, i have tried with email address and password but it still comes up, you are offline, sorry to say but you are not true to your customers, if I cannot log in to play music, I need to cancel my account since I pay for something that is not delivered, I hope you understand that without paying customers there will most likely not be anymore spotify, so please assist with this asap, otherwise I see mo other solutions then to end my account and start using another music service , so disappointed there are no words for it

Hey @Matsss,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here in this thread.

We'd suggest trying some of the steps suggested in this thread to see if you notice any difference in the behavior described.

If, afterwards, you continue having inconveniences, would you mind trying to open your account on a different device to see if you can replicate this behavior? You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account there and check. We'd suggest resetting your password first, and then trying to log in to a different device.

Lastly, if this continues to happen, make sure to include in your next reply the steps you've followed so far, so we can avoid repeating any of them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts