Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into spotify when on home wifi

Solved!

Can't log into spotify when on home wifi

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I started experiencing an issue trying to log into Spotify through my home wifi on both my mac book air and my iphone, yet the minute I connect to spotify through my cell network eveything works fine and loads.

When I try to log in on my home wifi, it doesn't want to connect and gives me an error stating that I do not have any internet connection (when that's not the case at all).

Could someone please help as to why this issue is happening as I do not wish to have to load Spotify off my phone data and would really like to be able to use Spotify.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the same exact issue. I can't afford the data to use my Spotify through my cell when NOT connected to my wifi. Please can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello, welcome to the community!
Let's try to figure what's going on here first. It sounds like it's an issue with your wifi/home connection. Could you have changed settings in it recently? Have you checked your firewall in case it's blocking Spotify?
If everything is as should be, try uninstalling and re-installing the client in both devices.
Hope this helped!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi K,

Thanks for the warm welcome! 😃

I have tried to reinstall spotify but the issue still persist.

My iMac that is also on the home wifi network has no issues accessing Spotify despite the issue with my other 2 devices. So I am not sure what is going on. =(

Hey!

So for clarification:

You have a wifi network at home:

Connected to this you have

1. iMac - Spotify works

2. iPhone - Spotify doesn't work

3. Macbook Air - Spotify doesn't work

However each of the devices above work perfectly fine with the wifi otherwise?

Cheers, J

I have this exact same issue it came out of nowhere too! I have tried uninstalling Spotify from my android tablet and my iPhone but this does not resolve the issue

I have also reset my router to default settings and have added the Spotify IP to port 4070 but nothing is working 😞

Have you tried it on another wifi network?

Hi, I've been thought this same issue. So I've tried on another WiFi network. Works properlly.

Still struggling with Spotify at home on my iPhone.

It works fine on my iMac and MacBook Air but cant seem to connect on my iphone.

In order to connect I seem to have to deactivate my wifi on my phone and then connect to Spotify before turning back on the wifi on my phone. From then on there is not issues with playing the songs.

However I purchased the premium today and wanted to add a few songs to the phone, but it wont connect to download as it is still having the connecting issues. I even turn the wifi off and on and it works for abit then stops. I still havent found a solution to this issue and find it odd that it's happening only on my iphone.

Have a similar issue. All of a sudden February 2015 was having trouble logging in to Spotify and the offline playlists. Even went through Dell Concierge. They fixed it for one day then it went on the blink again. BTW it's a Dell Inspiron laptop running Window's 10. Now on my Samsung Galaxy S 3 no problems. Here's where it gets Twilight Zone; When I take my laptop on the road NO PROBLEMS. Spotify runs fine. Have done the reinstall, uninstall many times still the same results. I have Xfinity wireless with a router. Other Internet is fine. Go figure. Any ideas?

1956 Motorola TV Twilight Zone.jpg

I've given up on trying fixing this spotify issue. So I'm using Google Play Music...Anyway, I'd suggest, in your router, changing your DNS server to Google Public DNS. Might worth a try.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Marked as solution

I'm having the same exact issue. I can't afford the data to use my Spotify through my cell when NOT connected to my wifi. Please can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, It took so long getting back to you. Discovered by accident that my issues with Spotify revolve around my router. When I get online via Xfinity general sign on my Spotify works perfectly. Go figure. This makes sense because when on the road with my laptop I had no issues. Hope this helps.

Simon (:

Suggested posts