Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login with an older version

Can't login with an older version

None of the below information is requi

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I've recently had some issues with the Spotify app. Ever since I've downloaded Spotify on this device (around November of 2017) I've used that version of the app. I haven't updated at all since. I had some issues deleting playlists and liking songs, so I decided to delete the app and update. I didn't like the new UI change, so I decided to try and downloading the version that I used to have  (I believe it was 8.4.20-something), but I cannot login to it at all. I've changed my password 3 times already and have tried logging onto my account with the correct password. I've even tried logging into the new version with my current password and it worked. Has Spotify changed its security to not allow old version to work? Please allow us to use it, I absolutely love the old UI and I really dislike this new one. 

1 Reply

Hey @david_a1, welcome to the Community.

Hope your are having a great day!

Spotify doesn't support the older versions once a new one is out. They are unstable and unreliable. I wouldn't recommend using an older version but just for curiosity try to login with another Spotify account and see how it goes.

Please give a read to this FAQ for any question you might have about the new Spotify UI for the free user experience.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts