Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reset password

Solved!

Can't reset password

I'm attempting to unlink my Facebook account from my Spotify account. I followed these steps and saw that I needed to reset my password for the email. When I follow the password reset process, I receive a reset link in my email and sent to the reset page. After resetting, I am initially successfully logged into my account page. When I log out and attempt to log in again with the same password, the incorrect password error appears. I'm also unable to log in with that password on multiple devices.

I've tried to reset my password multiple times, but the same issue occurs.

Any ideas?

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device

Issue isn't device-specific

Macbook, Chrome and iPhone

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @jpsanders101 

Just to clarify, aren't you able to follow the steps that are on this article?

If it's happening, that is because you've created your account through Facebook. In this case, you cannot change your email address, remaining the necessity of creating a new account, if you want.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @jpsanders101 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

That doesn't sound good... I suggest that you take a look at the following article and try to follow the steps there so that can help you with your issue.

If the problem persists, let me know and we'll try other options.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I've progressed this issue, but I'm still stuck.

After resetting, I was attempting to log back in using my email address. I didn't realise that a different username which was a number was sent in my reset email. When I logged in using this, I was successful.

However, the whole reason I began this process was to change the email address associated with the account because that email address is about to be closed. Following the help page's advice, I have unlinked my Spotify account from Facebook. Even though I've not reset my password and unlinked my account from Facebook, I'm unable to change my email address.

Any ideas?

Marked as solution

Hey again, @jpsanders101 

Just to clarify, aren't you able to follow the steps that are on this article?

If it's happening, that is because you've created your account through Facebook. In this case, you cannot change your email address, remaining the necessity of creating a new account, if you want.

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts