Free

Country

Belgium

Device

pc

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

My account is connected to Facebook, i reconnected it several times already. When i try to watch my facebook friends activity it says

"unfortunately we could not load friends you can follow"

(translated from dutch to english) 

5 Replies

Hey there @Jasper12,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries, we can help.

We'd suggest making sure that all relevant permissions mentioned in this Spotify Answer are enabled when your Facebook profile is linked with your Spotify account. 

If you're still having troubles after confirming this, it'd be helpful if you could share any screenshots of the error message you see when you're trying to find your friends. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed when posting in the Community.

It'd be also a good idea to give the steps provided in this support site article a try from a different device to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

a bit late answer but wasnt using spotify recently but

it still doesnt work, i connect to facebook and afterwards i get this message. It translats to 'we could not load the friends you can follow' or something like that.

i tried on my phone and i think it worked but im not sure as there is nothing in the app build in to show for it?

i reinstalled spotify on my desktop, i could log in with facebook (so the account is properly linked i guess) but when i click 'search friends' it asks me to login to fb again and then shows the error again.

Knipsel.PNG

Hey again @Jasper12,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Just to confirm, have you tried heading here from your desktop device to make sure that you've opted in for processing your Facebook data?

It's also a good idea heading here to confirm that processing your Friends list is toggled on.

Once you've done so, if you're still having troubles after 48 hours, we'd suggest logging out and back in the app to shake things up.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Processing facebook data was not on, i think this fixed the problem, thank you!

Hey again @Jasper12,

Glad to hear that this did the trick 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be ... spotify:track:7vqUr6K2Js9Paq4kdNSOm6

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts